Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wavy hair products??

(10 Posts)
yazzy85 Sat 11-Jul-15 20:41:47

If you have naturally wavy hair what products do you use on it to style? I normally straighten but want to keep it natural for holiday.

mowglik Sat 11-Jul-15 23:33:02

I use a salt spray by Philip B (mauie waiu or something) to make the waves more bouncy and distinct. Also use a leave in conditioner spray to keep the ends moisturised and neat.

yazzy85 Sun 12-Jul-15 09:35:12

mowglik which leave in conditioner do you use??

mowglik Sun 12-Jul-15 12:30:47

I use Loreal full restore conditioning spray it's the lightest leave in I've ever used but still very moisturising on my dry split ends

mowglik Sun 12-Jul-15 12:32:15

It's really light so your hair will still be bouncy and make nice waves - only downside is it's not easily avail online for some reason so i recently stocked up on 2 from echemist I think when they had free shipping but couldn't find it on their website just now

yazzy85 Sun 12-Jul-15 15:26:24

Thank you mowglik flowers I will try and get some to try out!

mowglik Sun 12-Jul-15 15:50:40

Hope you like it! I find keeping hair lightly moisturised and ends a bit more works well to keep ends from looking straggly

constantreader Sun 12-Jul-15 19:37:41

I've been trying to embrace my waves recently too, having gone from being more or less straight-with-a-kink to full-on big curls and waves. I don't understand what's happened, but as I get older my hair is really changing.

I've tried a million products. I seem to have stumbled on a combination that is helping tame the beast -

I use a smoothing spray first, then comb with a very wide tooth comb

The Tresemme Undone Sea Foam (I think that's what it's called) is pretty good - I scrunch it through and then leave to dry. I follow it up with a curl serum - Aussie do a nice one that makes my hair quite soft, and John Frieda have a two-phase purple-y one that you shake up and work in.

I also sometimes use a salt spray - either by Tigi or Aussie - these work best on second day hair I think.

It's trial and error really. Some days it looks great, others not so much.

Kundry Sun 12-Jul-15 19:44:31

I have v fine naturally wavy hair. The answer for holidays is not to style it!

Mine is cut into blunt layers which encourages it to curl - it it gets too long the weight straightens it.

Generally use any shampoo and conditioner marked fine hair and volume, avoid anything that says smooth or straight like the plague - generally one or other L'Oreal one.

I use a bit of oil/Frizz-Ease whatever.

Then leave it to dry naturally while intermittently running my hands through it and shaking it up - works brill on way to work where I dry it with the car heaters blush

That's it. Get a lot of curl and wave. Some days it looks great, others not so much, it's pretty random.

yazzy85 Sun 12-Jul-15 22:08:04

Thank you ladies for the tips!! I will try and keep it minimal and see what works best, I don't like the sticky hair feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now