Talk

Advanced search

Gel nails at home

(2 Posts)
HeiressesGiltnor Sat 11-Jul-15 20:33:44

It's my birthday this month and people keep asking me what I want.

I like getting my nails done at our local salon, I see it as a bit of a treat and love how they look. I go for neutral colours mostly so it just makes me feel more 'done'. With a baby to care for I find normal polish just chips!

Home gel kits seem fairly reasonably priced. Are they worth the effort? Are the results good?

If not, any other wonderous ideas ir beauty contraptions I might want??

I'm terrible about birthdays, I never think about myself confused (other than clothes and shoes...)

SmileAndNod Sun 12-Jul-15 08:07:45

I have the kit from boots, bought on offer a year or so ago. Shellac / gelish used to last about two days max when I had it done at the salon - was v expensive and disappointing.

I did my own last Saturday in a bright pink and it's still going strong. Hands always in water and doing stuff (three kids). I'm not the neatest at polish but even I can manage to get good results with this set. And I don't feel awful if it does chip after a few days as I've not forked out £30+ and I can easily repair at home when I have five minutes.

Works for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now