Talk

Advanced search

Style this dress for an October wedding, please?

(6 Posts)
PrettyObvious Sat 11-Jul-15 20:03:33

www.jigsaw-online.com/products/iris-print-silk-dress-10000

I bought this dress for a friend's wedding in October. The wedding is abroad, but in Europe. Weather could be warm, but could also be very chilly.
It's church followed by a reception in an old castle. What would you get to go with the dress?
Thanks.

PrettyObvious Mon 13-Jul-15 18:59:24

Bump.

MairzyDoats Mon 13-Jul-15 20:51:19

It's lovely, but it looks a bit low key for a wedding...it's more of a day dress or work dress imo. Also difficult to find a jacket that would work well with that shape, although if it was a winter wedding you could wear a nice vintage style camel coat. But I doubt it will be cold enough to justify a full length coat! How about this cape?

Gruach Mon 13-Jul-15 21:03:35

Like the silk in the dress. It could be a nice foil for extravagant accessories.

Velvet coat, long suede boots and a beautiful furry bag. At least one in the colour of your hair, the others in a toning (or clashing) autumnal shade.

PrettyObvious Fri 17-Jul-15 22:53:09

Thank you, interesting ideas there.
It is a European wedding, so not as formal as the UK.
In the UK I would do the hat, coat, bag and gloves thing.
Given that there will be dancing at some point, I was thinking of a navy jacket or coat.

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Sat 18-Jul-15 00:25:48

love the dress, it's beautiful. I tried that one on but was very sad as it was too short for me sad

might be too avant garde for the dress being rather classy but i totally love them so thought i'd link to them anyhow [grin]

classy, big necklace and you're away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now