Talk

Advanced search

What's so great about Ralph Lauren?

(13 Posts)
LindyHemming Sat 11-Jul-15 19:48:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rathalie Sat 11-Jul-15 19:54:10

I'm not a designer type shopper normally, but I discovered RL's t shirts at a designer outlet place a few years ago and was converted. They are made of lovely heavy weight cotton, keep their shape, don't fade and look as good now as when I bought them five years ago. By comparison, my M&S ones have shrunk like mad and look very faded and tired.

RashDecision Sat 11-Jul-15 19:56:28

It seems to be the favoured supplier for teenage boys round here hmm

everythingiscosy Sat 11-Jul-15 20:25:31

Not sure but bumping as curious smile.

BabyGanoush Sat 11-Jul-15 20:27:13

I find the logo a bit cringe.

But the quality is nice, I have silkshirt dress from there which is gorgeous.

They do the classics well. If you like the preppy style.

Doobigetta Sat 11-Jul-15 20:42:02

Their cotton jumpers are gorgeously soft, and the outlets sell them for £40. I think the full rrp is something ridiculous like £200.

carrie74 Sat 11-Jul-15 22:01:12

I always buy my DS (currently 8 so I'm aware this is highly pretentious) one or two RL polos when we go to the U.S. Outlets (usually annually), as they last him 2-3 years, keep their shape and colour, wash perfectly and look so smart. Nothing else I've bought him has ever looked so good for so long.

MargoReadbetter Sat 11-Jul-15 22:04:23

I have a dress, classic design and v good fit. Nothing daring about it but it's easy to wear (and wash!).

gonegrey56 Sun 12-Jul-15 06:46:53

I like their flat ballet shoes /pumps. Support my feet but look great . Wide range of colours , the unusual ones are often a really good price .

homeaway Sun 12-Jul-15 08:34:37

Everything washes well and lasts for years.

MegMogandOwlToo Sun 12-Jul-15 08:36:36

They wash really well. I was very pleased to find loads of trouser, t-shirts and shirts in tk maxx yesterday for DS. £10-15 each!

mrsjskelton Sun 12-Jul-15 08:44:51

This sounds like the York Designer outlet and no I can't understand it either!

GERTgert06 Sun 12-Jul-15 13:06:59

I buy Ralph Lauren at the USA outlets. I've had t-shirts, a cotton cardigan, and about six of the cotton cable sweaters. Some of these are 5-10 years old now, and still almost like new, and they have been worn often,so well worth the money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now