Talk

Advanced search

Is there such a thing as an old fashioned ' foundation slip' ?!

(16 Posts)
Tia4 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:14:53

I just want a smooth look under an unlined crepe dress but I hate those shapewear slips that seem to roll up when you walk! No time to have it lined. I only need light control as I'm not a fan of those that create underarm and upper back bulges. I am also having to wear tights with open toe shoes for a wedding so any suggestions for those welcome too please. Ultra sheer of course! I considered fake tan and leg makeup but it's a "vair posh" affair and I'm told bare legs will just not do! Hope you can help.

herecomesthsun Sat 11-Jul-15 19:18:27

see zulily, they have some on offer today, i am thinking of getting one similar, can't advise on how good it will be though. Rigby and Peller might have some such, to go upmarket?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 11-Jul-15 19:21:25

I have had these, but bought at very old-fashioned type drapers/underwear shops, which are a dying breed. Failing that, try M & S underwear department maybe?

ARightOldPickle Sat 11-Jul-15 19:21:53

Can't help with the foundation slip, but I have used M&S open toe tights on a couple of occasions and been pleased with them.

TenPinkFairies Sat 11-Jul-15 19:24:21

Am sure M&S do old style slips

Tia4 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:34:04

Ooh fast responses! Thank you so much! I'm going to check out Zulili and R & P. M&S do have the right style but I don't think they are sufficiently weighty to create a smooth look. Thanks for the tights recommendation too. I will check them out along with the slips tomorrow. Actually Ive just been reminded there is a " bra lady" shop not far away and she may have foundation garments as my mum called them (glamorous or what?!) Thanks everyone!

yallahabibi Sat 11-Jul-15 19:36:06

Amazon or ebay has loads.
I live in the Middle East where they are practically everywhere .and have recently converted to slip wearing myself .Makes for an extra bit of modestly.

KanyesVest Sat 11-Jul-15 22:04:50

I love this one and you can wear your own bra

Tia4 Sun 12-Jul-15 08:14:38

Yes I think it looks fab but that's the type I've found rolls up and creates lumps and bumps in weird places. They are fantastic if you're quite slim but I am carrying a bit of surplus weight atm. Thank you for posting though and I love your username :-) We have a Dinner store close by and I think it's great - especially the Home department

pinkfrocks Sun 12-Jul-15 08:40:19

M&S and John Lewis

Bunbaker Sun 12-Jul-15 08:43:26

Debenhams

SweetCharityBeginsAtHome Sun 12-Jul-15 08:45:12

Debenhams have one but nearly sold out only size 12 still available here

Thetruthshallmakeyefret Sun 12-Jul-15 08:49:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SweetCharityBeginsAtHome Sun 12-Jul-15 08:50:51

Aha! I thought "where do old ladies shop?" and have tracked down a large range at BHS. Just browse through their lingerie selection, they've got loads. I'm off to get one next time I'm passing them because I find them so useful and my only white one is a shade too long.

I don't know why other shops don't stock them though - they're so useful in improving the look of basic jersey dresses.

BrianButterfield Sun 12-Jul-15 09:00:43

M&S or Boyes if you have one near you.

XiCi Sun 12-Jul-15 19:51:07

I have the debenhams one and it's lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now