Talk

Advanced search

Korean sunscreen recommendations pls, TIA

(18 Posts)
jackiekatu Sat 11-Jul-15 16:40:20

Heard this stuff is good pls can you recommend good brands . I have oily skin .TIA

ScrambledSmegs Sat 11-Jul-15 16:49:12

Don't know about the best, although certainly the best facial sunscreens for use under makeup that I've tried. I'm using Bioré Watery Essence sunscreen, which is fab, very light, no white cast, non-greasy. Contains alcohol so not great if you're sensitive to it (I'm not, obv). Not for a day on the beach though, you need something more resilient.

It is, however, Japanese. Shouldn't be a problem If you are determined to go K-beauty then Missha in the pink tube, or Hera are meant to be very good too.

daftyburd Sat 11-Jul-15 18:22:38

I am also using a Japanese one Hada Labo. Not greasy and acts like a primer under foundation. Most importantly it has not caused any breakouts.

mowglik Sat 11-Jul-15 23:36:24

I have oily skin and use biore as my everyday sunscreen and love it. Feels like wearing nothing at all. Still looking for a touch up sunscreen though to wear over makeup - I've ordered a product called the face shop air ice puff that yo can apply with a puff - will post when it arrives if it's any good

Another vote for Biore.

WizzardHat Sun 12-Jul-15 08:31:16

I have the Missha pink tube and it's very good but several layers leave me a bit ghostlike. I may try the Biore one, and the 2015 reformulation has a rave review by the snail lady but I'm a bit reluctant as I have dry skin and the Biore contains alcohol. I might have a look for the Hada Labo one.

LittleMysMoominMamma Sun 12-Jul-15 08:51:19

If your skin is drier, try the Biore Aqua Rich Watery Gel (rather than the essence), its wonderful stuff!

Its weightless, has no white cast, no greasy or sticky residue, great under makeup and doesn't irritate me at all and I do tend to get break outs from the majority of sunscreens I've tried. I've spent a fortune over the years on much more expensive products, but will use this forever now grin

jackiekatu Sun 12-Jul-15 12:01:11

Thank your everybody going to order Biore 2015 Edition let's see

BringMeTea Sun 12-Jul-15 13:07:32

I got this for my sis to try as I live where they sell it in shops. She really rates it. I have 2 bottles packed for her as we speak!

www.amazon.com/The-Face-Shop-Long-lasting-Sunscreen/dp/B00EDH9LCY

lucysmam Sun 12-Jul-15 19:14:34

What's the Hada Labo one called? I could be persuaded to try...grin

WizzardHat Sun 12-Jul-15 19:37:04

Thanks MoominMamma -I hadn't realised there was another sort! Will have a look.

prettywhiteguitar Sun 12-Jul-15 19:40:40

I order the boire Aqua a month ago and it still hasn't arrived, where do you buy yours from ?

goodasitgets Sun 12-Jul-15 19:41:26

I got mine off ebay, arrived in about 8 days

ScrambledSmegs Sun 12-Jul-15 20:04:10

I bought mine from Amazon and it took aaaages. So long that I forgot I ordered it hmm although it was a nice surprise when it turned up.

Everything I've bought through EBay has been much quicker.

Jocastafantastica Sun 12-Jul-15 21:07:27

m.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddictionUK/comments/36mzs8/99p_store_find_coppertone_suncream_spf50/
Hope this link works - if you have a 99p store by you these are 3 for 99p and it is great for oily sensitive and sits perfectly under make up - I have bought 15 tubes and I'm usually a premium brand person, it's the best I've ever tried smile

lucysmam Sun 12-Jul-15 21:10:35

I've been buying those too - have 6 stashed and will buy some more next time I head to town. They're just the right size for popping in a handbag too for re-application & for school bags.

I did read on reddit that the perfect sun cut milk broke someone out though so it's worth patch testing before slathering it on your face smile

daftyburd Sun 12-Jul-15 22:22:18

Lucysmam - this is the one I use though I bought on Amazon. As someone else posted it took ages to arrive.
pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221694156282&globalID=EBAY-GB

lucysmam Mon 13-Jul-15 09:33:31

Thanks dafty, have saved it to my watch list & will do some research later on. I like their lotion toner I'm using at the moment so hopefully that will be well reviewed too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now