Talk

Advanced search

Best powder recommendation to use over EL Doublewear

(10 Posts)
sonata1 Sat 11-Jul-15 11:03:32

I think I would prefer to use some sort of powder over the Estee Lauder Doublewear. What would be the best powder to get? I don't mind loose or in a compact. I have mature combination skin .Thanks x

sonata1 Sat 11-Jul-15 15:04:42

Bump. Anyone?

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 11-Jul-15 15:23:48

What about Les Beiges by Chanel. Gives a lovely glow.

Coastingit Sat 11-Jul-15 19:57:22

I think you need something that gives a glow as DW can be very matte and mask like - adding a powder could compound that unless it's a glowy one.

sonata1 Sat 11-Jul-15 20:09:33

I was thinking of going to Boots tomorrow to see if they have any Cornsilk original satin loose powder. Would that be any good? I can't see the Chanel one in loose form, only pressed and it is coloured. Nars, I would have to order online (unless they sell it in department stores in town)

Onedayinthesun Sat 11-Jul-15 23:02:55

I use the EL Doublewear pressed powder - it's fab and goes with the DW foundation like a dream

sonata1 Sun 12-Jul-15 00:20:39

Thanks Oneday. What colours does it come in or is it translucent?

Onedayinthesun Sun 12-Jul-15 07:57:03

Sonata I use the 01 Light lucidity pressed powder as I'm fair skinned -but if you go into john Lewis or somewhere they will colour match you with your foundation. It also lasts me 5-6 months so great product / value

sonata1 Sun 12-Jul-15 09:53:01

Thanks. I use Dawn 2W1 so maybe that goes with a medium powder. I'll look into it when I go into town next week.

sonata1 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:30:44

So I picked up the Cornsilk satin loose powder from Boots with my points (also noticed a semi matt version but decided that might be too flat on me) and the girl doing my "mother of the bride " makeup put a small amount over my ELDW. I can say that 6 hours later I am still shine free and delighted. Going to take it to the wedding for my daughter,the bride,to use as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now