Talk

Advanced search

urgent makeup help

(10 Posts)
flippityflip Sat 11-Jul-15 04:30:08

Have a wedding to go to this week and I went out and bought myself a good primer on advice to stop my makeup sliding off. I got a normal primer and an eye one too-apparently both different- and i also have a nanoblur thing. What order do I put everything on in? I don't do full face makeup oftenn and I need to know order of primers and nanoblur thing foundation,concealer and blusher . No idea whatorder all these things go on in!Help please!!

violetbunny Sat 11-Jul-15 05:00:35

If you're new to all this then personally I'd skip the nanoblur. Apply you moisturiser, give it a few minutes to sink in, then apply your face and eye primer. Foundation goes on next.

If your blush is in powder form, apply a face powder over your foundation and then your blush, as it will help the blush go on more evenly. If it's a cream blush then just dab it on over your foundation and then apply powder to set.

flippityflip Sat 11-Jul-15 06:34:52

When you say powder is that translucent powder?I have some of that but have never used it!
The nanoblur is supposed to hidemy wrinkles a bit in photos.If I do use it when should it go on?

flippityflip Sat 11-Jul-15 06:36:25

Thankyou so much for the help btw!! Also do i just put eye primer on eyes or face primer and then the eye stuff-sorry if that sounds totally stupid!!

Cheesymonster Sat 11-Jul-15 06:39:40

Eye primer on eyelids only and face primer everywhere else.

I've never used the nanoblur, sorry.

flippityflip Sat 11-Jul-15 06:45:47

Brilliant thankyou!

BBQueen Sat 11-Jul-15 06:51:13

I would suggest the order is:

Moisturiser (if using)
Primers
Foundation
Concealer
Nanoblur
Blusher
Eyes/lips makeup

BikeRunSki Sat 11-Jul-15 07:39:32

Nanoblur made my skin very sore and tingly.

TobleroneBoo Sat 11-Jul-15 08:10:16

I would have said:
Moisturiser
Nanoblur
Primer
Foundation

Make sure nano blur is completely soaked in as otherwise it can go funny

violetbunny Sat 11-Jul-15 12:09:41

Yes, a translucent powder would be fine. It will help set your foundation and also helps any other powder products you apply over the top (such as powder blush) to go on evenly and not patchy. Just apply a little where you need it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now