Talk

Advanced search

If I like Massimo Dutti, where else should I try?

(26 Posts)
Calzedonia Fri 10-Jul-15 15:52:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MarinaCoyle Fri 10-Jul-15 15:55:46

Watching with interest as I love Massimo Dutti too.

PretzelPrincess Fri 10-Jul-15 20:52:26

Bump

KittyBennett Fri 10-Jul-15 20:55:09

Mango. Hobbs outlet. Hush.

KittyBennett Fri 10-Jul-15 20:55:37

Me+em. Whistles.

Only1scoop Fri 10-Jul-15 20:56:31

Mango
Banana republic

Calzedonia Fri 10-Jul-15 22:24:57

namelessposter Fri 10-Jul-15 22:36:50

Hugo boss.
Ralph Lauren purple or black label (pricey though).

Calzedonia Fri 10-Jul-15 23:01:54

PretzelPrincess Sat 11-Jul-15 00:30:57

Cos!

SuperFlyHigh Sat 11-Jul-15 08:06:03

Some mango stuff isn't too bad their dresses in lighter fabrics or workwear (just feel thickness).

I am not a fan generally but they do do the occasional nice piece.

The lovely belinda of workwear edit who posts here rates them for work suits and I think shirts

tocmrpouce Sat 11-Jul-15 08:07:56

Another vote for Cos.

tocmrpouce Sat 11-Jul-15 08:08:47

And dare I say it... M&S? Pretty classic like massimo dutti.

rubybleu Sat 11-Jul-15 09:08:48

& other stories is quite similar.

If you like Massimo Dutti (& Hobbs) because the clothes are fairly fitted, you probably won't find what you want at Cos.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 11-Jul-15 09:47:34

I love Cos and I love Massimo Dutti.
But Cos fits.
Being able to fit into Massimo Dutti clothes is my aim diet wise.
Their silk shirts are TERRIBLE quality though. 3 have come apart after one or two wears.hmm
I'll never buy them again.
Banana Republic do better quality silk shirts.
I like Banana Republic clothes also.

CRbear Sat 11-Jul-15 09:49:43

The white company is pricey but has good sales. That and massimo dutti are two of my favourite shops...The other being fat face so a little different!

SuperFlyHigh Sat 11-Jul-15 11:06:31

are you asking OP as the sales are on now? all the stores mentioned here do good sales.

Uterque (sister brand of Zara but a bit dearer) do your style, pricey though and I think only online.

I'm not mad keen on MD for e.g. a t-shirt I bought which creases badly and has a silly back tie. but have a lovely quilted jacket and boots and several tops, knitwear etc from there which is better quality than Zara! with Zara I tend to find hems come off easily and buttons too.

KittyBennett Sat 11-Jul-15 13:24:39

Zara,uterque and Massimo dutti are all the same company I think. Agree re mango quality but haven't found MD much better. For silk shirts I rate uniqlo or equipment (not for going near snotty noses!). I thought Hobbs had an online outlet? If not they used to. Plus various outlet stores around the country. Maybe try jigsaw too. But I think Hobbs quality is better. Also look at Boden.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 11-Jul-15 14:04:13

Agreed they're all same company kitty however uterque as higher price and more trend set I think reflects better quality but I've not bought from uterque yet.

&otherstories and cos seem to be equal quality &other more trend set than cos then again some H&M is good quality for the price.

Never tried equipment and not really tried Uniqlo it just doesn't appeal.

Compton des Cottoniers in sale especially have very nice clothes unsure about too nice for everyday teaching! This is going on SIL who loves cos and zara.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 11-Jul-15 14:06:15

Ah I just thought Vila and vero moda they do some great snazzy and practical clothes at good prices and they're made quite well but a bit synthetic however if you want eg a trench coat, knits etc Vero moda especially hard to beat. SIL loves vero moda too!

Calzedonia Sat 11-Jul-15 14:21:51

Calzedonia Sat 11-Jul-15 14:24:41

burnishedsilver Sat 11-Jul-15 14:29:26

Try Benneton.

namelessposter Sat 11-Jul-15 18:34:07

Or Reiss, of course smile

hollyisalovelyname Mon 13-Jul-15 07:57:08

There is a Hobbs outlet in Kildare Village (Ireland)which is operated by the same company as Bicester Village so I presume there is a Hobbs outlet store in Bicester.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now