Talk

Advanced search

Loose slimming summer trousers

(10 Posts)

Hi ... I need some advice. I am holidaying in a far warmer country this summer. I have bad varicose veins and short dresses are not an option. I am size 12, pear shaped, with a bit of a tummy ... what can I wear so that I don't dissolve in the heat and don't look too old and frumpy (although I am old old old ...)
Can anyone suggest a good holiday look? No ankles showing, or my nasty swollen purple feet make me look like my granny ...

Littlepumpkinpie Fri 10-Jul-15 17:26:50

Please don't hide yourself in clothes all holiday wear bikinis floaty dresses no one will look or be bothered trust me. I speak from experience totally understand how you feel about them because I had them too. For years I melted in the summer heat used to wear cotton floaty skirts but on holiday I decided sod it one year nobody ran screaming please just wear nice comfy clothes that you love and have a great holiday

theladylovescupcakes Fri 10-Jul-15 17:36:12

I got some delivered from Next the other day, patterned trousers they're called. £22, extremely flattering on my size 14, wobbly tummy body. Blue/red paisley print. It there will be other colours, I'm sure.

mrssmith79 Fri 10-Jul-15 17:36:30

Agree with previous post. I hate my legs - cankles, veins, scars, the lot! But after a few days in the sun they actually look better for having some tan (plus, no-one knows me on holiday so I don't care if I look like I've been rolled in honey and catapulted through Oxfam window grin ).

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 10-Jul-15 17:53:10

I have a lovely maxi skirt from fatface if that's any use for you, it has a nice wide elasticated waist that is so comfortable.

Linen trousers are always good too but less good for travel due to looking like the need a good ironing about 5 minutes after putting them on.

herecomesthsun Fri 10-Jul-15 20:19:09

this is very flattering, comes up a bit large

MyOtherNameIsBetter Fri 10-Jul-15 21:58:49

I am the same shape as you and have found good wide leg trousers in new look eg: m.newlook.com/shop/womens/trousers/dark-blue-ditsy-floral-wide-leg-trousers-_340315949
also tk maxx

yazzy85 Fri 10-Jul-15 23:02:53

New Look is a great place for summer trousers at the moment, they have wide leg styles and slim/tapered ones too. I bought this pair today. Works well teamed with a plain t-shirt or vest.

yazzy85 Fri 10-Jul-15 23:03:12

m.newlook.com/shop/womens/trousers/black-tile-print-slim-leg-trousers_353019509?productFind=search

Forgot the link

yazzy85 Fri 10-Jul-15 23:03:30

m.newlook.com/shop/womens/trousers/black-tile-print-slim-leg-trousers_353019509?productFind=search

Link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now