Talk

Advanced search

Chanel flap bags - chain strap

(6 Posts)
TheAssassinsGuild Fri 10-Jul-15 14:26:56

Thinking of investing a in flap bag. Completely undecided as to size - possibly mini, possibly small, possibly medium. Certainly no larger. Might even go for a WOC.

Anyway, I know some of you have them and I wanted to ask what your experience of the chain strap is like. Does it dig in and rub? Is it uncomfortable or even painful? Does it rub at clothing? Obviously the bigger the bag and the more you shove in it, the worse it's going to be.

Any thoughts? Any advice?

I've watched loads of YouTube reviews and no one has commented on this.

Thank you!

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 10-Jul-15 14:38:57

I find mine very comfortable and have the jumbo size so relatively heavy.

FrugalFashionista Fri 10-Jul-15 14:44:33

I love chain strap bags and have probably five different ones that I have used for many years, including a Chanel. They are really comfortable and stylish but obviously not for super heavy stuff.

The only thing you have to factor in that your Chanel will show wear and tear like any other bag. I tend to use sturdier bags for daily things so that I don't have to be paranoid about rain etc. My Chanel has been worn very little and very lightly but I can already see signs of wear.

TheAssassinsGuild Fri 10-Jul-15 14:50:49

Thanks. Was going to go for black caviar. MrsCB, isn't yours caviar?

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 10-Jul-15 14:53:04

It is indeed and seems pretty durable which is what I wanted for an everyday bag.

Let us know which one you get smile

TheAssassinsGuild Fri 10-Jul-15 15:00:47

I will!

Does anyone happen to know when the next price increase is due?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now