Boys slim fit school trousers - where? Cheaper the better!

(26 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Fri 10-Jul-15 06:47:32

Ds is a tall 6yo. I've previously bought sainsburys uniform and it's been great and cheap.
This year though the trousers are just too baggy on him.

Which of the supermarkets do slim fit trousers? I can't really spend Next prices as dd is starting school and needs a ton of stuff too! confused

Crazyzowhat Fri 10-Jul-15 06:53:53

I've only really found next & M&S slim fit trousers to be any good for my DS , tried various supermarket ones and they are just too big

Gingefringe Fri 10-Jul-15 07:24:53

I've always used the Next trousers for my son and they've been excellent quality and value - you may be able to get some cheap Next slim fit ones on Ebay.

Thelovecats Fri 10-Jul-15 09:03:28

I buy m&s long length in the siZe below his actual age. Not cheap, but 20% off atm

MalmseyWhine Fri 10-Jul-15 09:03:52

Next.

LassieKillsChickens Fri 10-Jul-15 09:20:04

Next.

LassieKillsChickens Fri 10-Jul-15 09:21:53

Sorry, just read about prices. (Why do we post then read lol or is it just me?!).

There are some here:-

Next Slim Fit eBay

BrieAndChilli Fri 10-Jul-15 09:22:56

I agree that M&S and next are the only ones I have found that fit properly on skinny DS
Supermarket trousers always look like clowns trousers on him!!
My friend did say that BHS had skinny fit so they might be worth having a look at?

BrieAndChilli Fri 10-Jul-15 09:24:02

Also slim fit are like gold dust. m an S sold out weeks ago in DS size so I got mine from next

carrie74 Fri 10-Jul-15 09:25:49

M&S for us: long length in either his age or next age up.

snowaccidentprone Fri 10-Jul-15 09:27:38

M&s skinny were too big. Even age 11 skinny long for my 13 year old ds were too big.

Next is your friend.

vindscreenviper Fri 10-Jul-15 09:28:07

Asda, very cheap, the quality is not bad IMO, lots of choice, my two beanpoles wear the slim legged ones here

snowaccidentprone Fri 10-Jul-15 09:28:35

But they are good quality and will last ages.

You could probably get away with 2 pairs.

burnishedsilver Fri 10-Jul-15 09:30:19

I've been buying M&S extra long for my tall skinny dss. I go down an age bracket to get the slim waist but the extra long leg makes up for it. I don't think anywhere else does both long and extra long.

I've found that often slim or skinny fit just have narrow legs but the waist and bum are still too big. They're not for skinny kids they're just for kids who like a skinny jeans sort of look.

trixymalixy Fri 10-Jul-15 09:33:55

I buy from m&s. They're all sold out in DS's size though which is very annoying.

vindscreenviper Fri 10-Jul-15 09:35:00

How tall is your DS op?

I have two pairs of Trutex slim fit black trousers that are now too short but still look really good. The label says age 7, waist 22 inside leg 21 (inches). I can post them out if they are any good for you?

TeamFlood Fri 10-Jul-15 09:38:15

My son is also a tall 6yr old going into year two in September. I get him the slim fit trousers from M&S with the adjustable waist. Have just bought him the age 7-8 ones, which are a good length but will need to be tightened around the waist!! But the adjustable waist will do the job. It's 20% off at M&S at the moment so worth having a look!! wink

LMGTFY Fri 10-Jul-15 09:39:31

I might have a pair of dark grey age 6 ish going spare if that helps anyone? I'll have to see what state Ds2 has left them in though! Think I've passed the rest on as Ds1 was the real skinny one with long legs, I only found next that really fit however m&s don't seem as baggy as supermarket ones and their basic twin pack lasts all year without getting destroyed so worth looking at.

BikeRunSki Fri 10-Jul-15 09:44:27

Next
More expensive than supermarkets but much, much better quality. Da started Reception in Asda trousers, and had gone through the knees by October half term. I replaced them with a Next slim fit a size too big. Took the hem ups, adjusted the waist down and he is still wearing them at the end of Class1. Plenty of wear left for dd, should she want them (highly likely, she doesn't do skirts).

WomanScorned Fri 10-Jul-15 09:47:02

m.direct.asda.com/george/school/trousers/boys-school-slim-leg-cargo-trousers-grey/G004643713,default,pd.html

We have a mixture of Next jeans style and these from Asda. They are of a surprisingly decent quality, and a much better fit than Sainsburys or M&S, imo.

Suddengeekgirl Fri 10-Jul-15 09:51:25

Thanks everyone!
He needs grey ones for school and is definitely in age 7 stuff. Not exactly sure of his height! blush

I'll check out asda online to see if they have grey ones. Otherwise it'll be Next. I've been avoiding M&S for a while as I've found their stuff doesn't wash/ wear well and the bum is usually way too big for ds and dd! hmm

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 10-Jul-15 10:46:59

My 15.6yo skinny DS (now 5'9" and a 28" waist after a big meal grin ) has always done well with the M&S slim fit extra long.
Zipped back pocket
Good sized hem if you need to let them down a bit
His last the whole school year

Anjelika Fri 10-Jul-15 11:56:34

I am reading this with much interest. I have a tall and skinny 8 year old DS1. I have found the long length M&S ones which are sold singly to be the best fit round the waist and bum for him. I've had to buy Next slim fit during the year as the M&S ones were out of stock and they are much bigger round the waist on him (and too short). Sainsburys standard 2 pack are absolutely enormous. DS1 has worn through the knees of ALL his M&S and Next trousers so I'm not sure it is always worth buying "quality" ones. I think it might depend on the child! DS2 still has his 2 pairs of M&S standard fit trousers (bought in a pack of 2) from last September and they are perfect apart from they are now too short!

Chchchchanging Fri 10-Jul-15 22:30:51

Just bought from next

elephantoverthehill Fri 10-Jul-15 22:40:29

BHS and ASDA. I have had to order online as they don't stock everything in local stores.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now