Talk

Advanced search

Where to start for face care routine?

(8 Posts)
Slimmerforsummer Thu 09-Jul-15 23:48:49

Now I've turned 31 I need to get into a better routine with skincare.
Trouble is, I don't have a foggy what I'm doing. A browse of most sites leaves me bewildered!

Can anyone recommend a good site that will explain the basics to me? Like what I should look for in a moisturiser/serum/eye cream/anti wrinkle cream etc

Have just always used a face wash in the shower in the morning ( currently garnier 3 in 1) and a face wipe at night. I know it's not enough!

MadAngryGnome Fri 10-Jul-15 01:34:39

Can you get this book out of the library? Probably not worth buying, but filling out the questions to work out what skin type you have and then following the product recommendations and routines is a good place to start. Ignore all the 'consult with your dermatologist' nonsense.

Slimmerforsummer Fri 10-Jul-15 09:13:56

Great! Thanks - I've ordered it from the library!
Wish there was a totally independent person to go to! Reviews on the book look like the next best thing smile

burnishedsilver Fri 10-Jul-15 09:22:35

I'm fairly new to the whole world of skin care too. I'm using this as a starting point...
Routine

Floisme Fri 10-Jul-15 10:05:16

Cleanse, moisturise, use a sunscreen.
Don't smoke, don't sunbathe, eat a balanced diet and go easy on the booze.
Everything else is a wish and a prayer.

Greenlamp1 Fri 10-Jul-15 21:38:38

Hi Burnishedsilver, thanks for the link. I am hitting Boots tomorrow. Would u have an idea of a shopping list to match the routine? I'm hitting 37 soon and I don't look after my skin but I feel it's time as even my usuaL makeup is looking crap on me. I feel like I've lost the youthful glow. Sad but true. I always looked young for my age so don't want to lose that. Thanks for any help or advice. Or if anyone in my age profile wants to comment. I don't know how to know what age posters are when talking about their skin. Thank you!!!! ��

andadietcoke Fri 10-Jul-15 21:43:13

Greenlamp1 this is what I use for the CH routine.

Caudalie cleansing milk
BalanceMe cleansing balm
First Aid Beauty pads
Caudalie grape water spray
Vichy serum
BalanceMe day moisturiser

At night I use Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and eye cream, and Eucerin night cream.

andadietcoke Fri 10-Jul-15 21:43:50

Oh, I'm 34. No real skin complaints.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now