Talk

Advanced search

Nice (tough) DIY holiday nail colour? - for toes!

(10 Posts)
BlueSkySunnyDay Thu 09-Jul-15 23:47:58

I used to love OPI Hollywood Blonde as it didn't chip on holiday and went all sparkly in the pool/sun.

Generally I wear strong blues, bright greens or a sparkly red but I really need something which wont be glaringly obvious if it chips and wont be a nightmare to redo if necessary while away.

OPI is my favourite brand but am happy to make a new tough polish discovery (a little "meh" about OPIs current colours!)

BualadhBos Fri 10-Jul-15 00:17:26

www.barrym.com/product/Gelly-Hi-Shine I like this

CalmYoBadSelf Fri 10-Jul-15 00:53:10

Get the gel polish that is set with the UVlight. I had mine done a month ago and they are still perfect if growing off a bit

FrugalFashionista Fri 10-Jul-15 07:57:36

Revlon Colorstay is tough as nails. It never chips on my toes, I use it year round and reapply circa every three weeks. I've been to a sandy beach for a week and moving boxes and scuffing my toes ror another and my toes look like they were done today.

Misslgl88 Sun 12-Jul-15 13:25:50

Vinylux do some lovely shades and last one week I love them

Lunastarfish Sun 12-Jul-15 13:32:04

Try Boots 17 gel nail polish. There isn't a huge range of colours (I bought red) but its amazing - complete whim purchase. I had it on my toes for two weeks during which time I'd been swimming, walking, worn different type of shoes and it didn't chip. I only removed it as I wanted to try another colour. I used a base coat but no top coat. Its also only £3.99

postmanpatscat Sun 12-Jul-15 13:51:52

Avon Nailwear Pro is also very hardwearing and comes in loads of different colours. I use a base coat, 2 coats of varnish and a clear top coat.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Jul-15 14:04:37

I love OPI, but I don't go for the currant colours.

I have "I;m not really a waitress", "Afrodities Pink Nightie" and "Hands of my Kielbasa" ( wine red/pink/shimmery nude)

They last weeks (but I only use on my toenails)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Jul-15 14:05:38

Aphrodities

SenecaFalls Sun 12-Jul-15 14:21:58

Another fan of Revlon ColorStay and Vinylux. They both last on my toes up to three weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now