Small school uniform help!

(13 Posts)
plentychilled Thu 09-Jul-15 19:33:32

Hi everyone,
My Dd is starting school in September and is in 18-24 month bottoms. I've been looking at all the high street shops for some skirts and they all start at 2-3, 3-4 and they'll drop off her. I don't mind ordering online, has anyone got any suggestions?

Also the smallest my local uniform shop do is 20inch waist and 20inch length. I'm probably stupid but I don't know how big exactly this is, can anyone roughly tell me what 20 inches is in age sizes? Thanks for any help.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 09-Jul-15 19:34:46

Can she wear a pinafore/tunic instead?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 09-Jul-15 19:37:16

In John Lewis 20" waist = 3

Ashwinder Thu 09-Jul-15 19:42:54

My DD has a skinny waist and a flat bum. She cannot wear trousers or skirts as they fall off. She wore pinafores throughout Reception.

CMOTDibbler Thu 09-Jul-15 19:48:35

My colleagues dt2 was in age 12-18 months when she started school, and she wore pinafores in the smallest size hemmed up. It was a couple of years before a skirt would stay on her smile

plentychilled Thu 09-Jul-15 19:55:03

I didn't even think of pinafores blush. Good idea! I'm going to ask them if I she can wear leggings instead of trousers too, as I'm bound to have the same issue. I will go look at pinafores now. In tops she is 2-3 but you can get away with tops being a bigger so that's not too bad.

Jedi1 Thu 09-Jul-15 19:58:47

My teeny tiny twins are going in age 3-4 pinafores, age 3 cardigans and age 3 polo shirts. Pinafores and polos from asda - they're fine. Skirts / trousers just wouldn't have worked. They had to get the gingham dresses in age 4 as they were too short otherwise.

MumOfTheMoment Thu 09-Jul-15 20:04:31

Next do jersey school trousers in slim fit and they come up very small and shrink a bit after tumble drying. They are the only trousers EVER that fit my dd. The age 3 might fit your dd (after a tumble dry). They are lovely trousers too.

plentychilled Thu 09-Jul-15 20:04:36

She already has 3-4 cardigans from the school range in asda and tesco and they fit perfect. Trousers and skirts are a completely different matter. She's only 28 pounds I thought that was average until I looked at school uniform! Hoping for an over the summer massive growth spurt grin

plentychilled Thu 09-Jul-15 20:06:17

Thanks mum, I'll take a look at them. School jumpers too big but have been told they shrink in the dryer so maybe this will be to my advantage lol. Will look at pinafores and next smile.

LynetteScavo Thu 09-Jul-15 20:11:51

John Lewis did tiny school uniform for DS2 when he started school.

LIZS Thu 09-Jul-15 20:14:41

Mothercare did very small sizes as do Asda.

cantmakecarrotcake Thu 09-Jul-15 21:28:15

We've managed to get 2-3 pinafores from Asda and M&S. Also 2-3 summer dresses in M&S. Oddly we haven't found 2-3 skirts or cardigans. The school sweatshirt in a 3-4 isn't too huge luckily and I found a cardi on eBay that looks ok (not seen in the flesh yet)

Next had long white socks in 6-8.5 and Jojo grey tights in a 2-3.

It's tricky when they're so diddy. DD is 12.5kg ish and barely 90cm. Luckily in Reception they're not too picky about uniform but I can see senior school being harder as they can have more regulation uniforms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now