Talk

Advanced search

Dress me for glamping - what to wear?

(14 Posts)
strongsummer Thu 09-Jul-15 11:37:34

Spending the weekend with some gorgeous friends....what to take, other than wellies? What would you wear? Jeans on one day...maybe skirt and Birks if weather is good.

Any suggestions welcomed!

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 09-Jul-15 21:48:52

Crocs for going to the loo/shower block.
Warm oversize jumper? (Forecast is a bit iffy)
Scarves
Vest tops
Jeans

strongsummer Thu 09-Jul-15 22:37:17

Thank you for suggestions, curtains! Great idea to take vest tops and scarves. Have packed jumpers. I don't own Crocs but could take flip flops. I hope I haven't forgotten anything!

smellylittleorange Thu 09-Jul-15 23:40:58

When you going ? Jeans not great if there may be chance of rain.

smellylittleorange Thu 09-Jul-15 23:43:54

Was camping at a festival last week..was desperate for a hat to keep cool if weather goes to that extreme. Just think layers ..I tend to little dresses with boots leggings scarfs and cardies if gets cold .woolly hat essential for cold sleeping conditions

Glitteryfrog Fri 10-Jul-15 06:16:54

Layers... All the layers.
Just because it says its glamorous... It's still camping... Outside. Where it gets cold!

Andcake Fri 10-Jul-15 06:31:44

Definitely layers but I would take my denim shorts, with leggings to use as tights to keep legs warm (with wellies just look like tights) and can be added during the evening. Even a strappy sun dress that would work with a big jumper over it at night

4kidsandaunicorn Fri 10-Jul-15 06:52:57

I usually take a pair of Reef flip flops and wear them constantly (including into the shower if necessary). Jeans are a bit of a pain to get on after a shower imo.

Shorts are good along with a good waterproof, if it does rain you've only got a bit of shorts and your flips flops to get wet, they then dry fairly quickly. I assume you'll have electric hook up so that you can take a hair dryer?

Also a hoodie and insect repellent!

Sammasati Fri 10-Jul-15 09:12:30

I'd go for solar dry zip off walking trousers, base layers, micro fleeces and zip up. Fleece dries very quickly. Thick socks for evening, base layer long johns and top for sleeping in. Water proof trousers and mac, good for stopping wing chill even if it isn't raining also good for sitting on the ground without getting dew soaked. Neck buff and tilly hat, good for during the day (can be put on soaked in water to keep cool) to keep sun off and eve for when it cools.

Have fun!

CurlsLDN Fri 10-Jul-15 09:20:38

Omg, I think some of the previous posters don't realise all the extra luxuries you get at a glazing site - I definitely wouldn't be wearing zip off trousers!
We went glamping this time two years ago for my hen do. Luckily it was warm so everyone wore summer dresses or shorts and flip flops in the day, with leggings/hoodies added in the evening. I took wellies and also layered up a bit for bed (tights, leggings, top and hoody) as it did get cold in the teepee, even though I had a proper double bed with duvet

CurlsLDN Fri 10-Jul-15 09:21:20

*glamping, not glazing

knickernicker Fri 10-Jul-15 09:26:27

Just back from 'glamping.' yes we gad a nice bell tent but toilet facilities way worse than on a normal camp site, just compost/chemical loo and shower in elderly caravan. I'd recommend wellies and layers just in case it's cold.

strongsummer Sat 11-Jul-15 01:04:41

Ok, thank you everyone! FABULOUS suggestions. I hear ya. It's going to be cold in the evenings. I'll take extra leggings etc. and wellies, there must be wellies...Fleeces and a hat (OMG really? Ok. I'll pack it cos you told me).

4kis&unicorn Fabulous idea about insect repellent and hairdryer hook. I will check!

Glitteryfrog I will hang on to your mantra. Just because it is glamorous does not mean it will be warm. Ok.

Thank you everyone! Keep them coming! Love the specifics: Andcake I will have to buy some denim shorts and leggings.

Oh goodness, all my friends are so glam. What on earth will I wear?!
Thanks again!

ki2 Fri 17-Jul-15 11:25:19

I agree flip flops essential and one of these www.rain-wave.com goes everywhere with me for cutting out chills at night when you're sitting out and any rain that comes your way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now