Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Highlighting too high maintenance - what should I do?

(7 Posts)
RaisinGirls Thu 09-Jul-15 11:06:15

Now I am mum of a 1 year old, and work for myself p/t, I am finding that getting highlights is a) taking too long - I have v. thick hair which is shoulder length and b) too expensive to get done as frequently as I need to for it to look good.

I thought I could get an all over colour done, as this would reduce the time in the hairdressers but my hairdresser said the regrowth would be even more obvious so I would need touch ups more frequently.

My natural hair colour is (I think!) dark blonde / light brown.

Any ideas on what I can do?

MrsHooolie Thu 09-Jul-15 13:53:18

Would you be willing to go darker?If so you could do that at home by yourself,although perhaps go to the hairdresser the first time.
I have found a mobile hairdresser and he is so cheap compared to the salon so I can afford the upkeep (and time).

Lndnmummy Thu 09-Jul-15 15:58:11

I had this too and have gone darker with a combination of low lites. I am not dark still blonde but darker shades. More Kyle Minouge than roxy mitchell if that makes sense. It saves me a fortune

RaisinGirls Thu 09-Jul-15 17:00:42

Yes, I think maybe I need to go darker. It does seem the only practical solution. And a dark honey blonde / caramel colour would probably look ok on me.

VeganCow Thu 09-Jul-15 19:21:46

I always reccommend this but the Superdrug own make here is lovely. it wouldnt be too dark cos you are the same colour as me.
Its a semi so you can see what you think before going permanent or you can carry on like I do just using the semi every few weeks. I leave it on roots for 20 mins, shower off and its done, takes me half an hour in all.

DJThreeDog Thu 09-Jul-15 19:24:15

Just have your natural colour? Is there a reason why you don't?

My hair is natural with a bit of balayage going on. I did it myself with the L'Oreal kit. I love it and so does my hairdresser! It's easy to do and then you don't have anything to touch up unless you really want to.

RaisinGirls Fri 10-Jul-15 10:55:01

DJ it would take years to grow my natural colour back in, and in the meantime I would have a god awful hair colour with half being untouched and the rest being highlighted! Even worse than the roots I have now because I cant get to the hairdresser frequently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now