Talk

Advanced search

New office, new outfit that allows walking

(7 Posts)
MelanieCheeks Thu 09-Jul-15 10:38:29

We've just moved offices. Before, I had a car park space, so could wear dresses with a cardi and heels, as I didn't have too far to walk. Now I will be taking the bus or train more often, and having a good walk at either end.

So I need a bit of guidance on restyling - good footwear that can walk a mile, and what outfits go with those. I need to look smart, so jeans and trainers aren't an option!

Size 10, 5'2, short hair, Autumn colour palette, if that helps.

JinglyJanglyJungleBigGameTours Thu 09-Jul-15 10:42:27

If it's not a stupid question, couldn't you wear trainers for the commute and switch to your usual shoes when you reach the office?

MelanieCheeks Thu 09-Jul-15 11:28:18

That's an option, though it does have the socks vs tights issue.

JinglyJanglyJungleBigGameTours Thu 09-Jul-15 11:31:46

Trainer socks over tights? You won't see them in the shoe.

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 09-Jul-15 21:50:35

Good shoes such as hush puppies or DM shoes.
I prefer trousers and a smart top and jacket.

spookyskeleton Thu 09-Jul-15 21:55:32

I wear skirts and dresses a lot - I wear ballet pumps to walk from the car park (which is a bit of a distance) and then put my heels on once I get to the office. Ballet pumps look OK with tights (on really hot days, I go tightless and wear flip flops grin)

specialsubject Fri 10-Jul-15 12:03:24

you do what all commuters do - you wear socks over your tights and trainers for the drive/walk, and put on the silly shoes when you get in to the office.

unsafe to drive in heels anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now