Talk

Advanced search

How many pairs of footwear (shoes, boots etc) do you have?

(12 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Lottapianos Thu 09-Jul-15 09:36:46

I'm working on building up a decent footwear collection of my own, with no cheap crapppy stuff, just lots of supportive comfy pairs that make me feel good. I cant' handle loads of clutter so am going to try to keep it to under 30 pairs. That's everything - boots, smart shoes, trainers, sandals, the whole lot.

So just out of nosiness, how many pairs do you have and how/where do you store them?

WilburIsSomePig Thu 09-Jul-15 09:46:34

Last count 89 pairs. Keep them in show cupboard, back utility area, bottom of wardrobe. The buggers are everywhere and I seriously need to sort it out.

LadyMaryofDownton Thu 09-Jul-15 09:55:03

I used to have a large collection of shoes/boots but I just walk in 5" heels everyday anymore so I've cut back.

I now have 6 pairs of this years style high heels, 2 pairs boots (one flat ankle pair & one heeled ankle), a few pairs of convers/runners, 3 pairs of pumps & few flip flop type things for really warm days, 2 pairs of wedges and a few pairs of sandals.

I see it as a shoes for each ocassion & a good range of colours. All essential footwear.

Lottapianos Thu 09-Jul-15 09:56:53

LadyMary, that sounds like a good collection. That's what I'm aiming for - a good shoe/ boot for every occasion but no Carrie Bradshow-type madness! I've totally given up heels so no more 'car to bar' purchases either. I really enjoy having shoes I can walk in - who knew?!

knackeredknitter Thu 09-Jul-15 10:04:47

I have seriously no idea. I have around 4 pairs of ankle boots, three pairs of DMs, 3 pairs of trainers for working out (ha), 6 pairs of converse, 3 pairs of birkies, 4 flip-flops, 2 pairs of flat pumps, and around 4 pairs of heeled shoes, and two pairs of slippers. Oh and 2 pairs of uggs.

specialsubject Thu 09-Jul-15 10:09:50

30 pairs? That is LOADS of clutter!

admittedly I no longer have to be smart for work (no dress code for the sofa) but I have

- two pairs long boots (one 20 years old)
- one pair ankle boots (1 inch heels)
- one pair walking boots
- 3 pairs trainers which is what I wear most
- one pair court shoes (can't buy any more, normal heel heights have been outlawed)
- one pair flip flops
- one pair wellies

I can't wear the fugly clumpy heels so don't have any. But if you work in an office I'd suggest you need 3 pairs of 'office' shoes so you can rotate, and perhaps a couple of pairs of 'dressy' shoes.

that should do everything. 30 pairs? Ridiculous.

Lottapianos Thu 09-Jul-15 10:12:34

Ok special, thank you for that

BabCNesbitt Thu 09-Jul-15 10:49:42

One pair of DMs, one pair of Birkenstock sandals, and a pair of brogues that hurt so I don't wear them. (This is not an adequate number of pairs, btw.)

lynniep Thu 09-Jul-15 10:51:30

no idea. Probably about the same as you. Possibly more. I dunno. Lets have a think. I won't remember it all mind you
at least four pairs of knee boots (one pair doesn't fit due to weight gain but I can't bear to part with them)
at least two pairs of ankle boots
at least four pairs of going out heels
at least three pairs of summer wedge heels
work wedges
two pairs of flat ballerinas
at least three pairs of summer fit flop/croc types plus probably a couple of pairs of cheap flip flops
pair of summer clogs
three pairs of trainers, a pair of dance shoes, three pairs of laceup pumps
wellies

So about the same as you I guess.

lucysmam Thu 09-Jul-15 13:30:14

Too many...they all live in their boxes in a big suitcase in the garage because there is no space in the house for them until we get some proper storage.

I'd guess at least 50 (after a humongous cull before moving - dread to think how many before that) and am currently saving/hunting for some perfect boots and possibly a cheap but nice pair of nude or tan heels to wear once for a wedding.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 09-Jul-15 14:12:05

Hello there

As this is a duplicate thread we are going to delete it. The OP's original thread is here.

Thanks

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 09-Jul-15 15:31:38

60 at a guess.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now