Colour remover or bleach?

(2 Posts)
ProbablyMe Wed 08-Jul-15 21:23:28

Hi

I've been colouring my hair for years and have been everything pretty much from white blonde to back. Until three weeks ago I had a light, natural toned blonde (not too ashy or gold toned). Due to a sudden indented madness I decided to dye it somebody to my natural shade of light brown to make it easier to care for while growing it. Big mistake - I now look tired and washed out all the time!

I want to change it back but rather than my usual approach of using off the shelf lightener and then dying it ash blonde as many times as necessary to get rid of the ginger, can anyone suggest a better approach? I can't afford a hairdresser and like doing my own hair before anyone suggests a salon.

I've use colour removers before but have always ended up with dark hair again when re colouring - is this because my hair is porous and taking up the pigment too well? Would I be best buying salon quality products to lighten and tone it and if so, what would be recommended? I'm looking at going for a fairly light, neutral blonde. When lightened my hair tends to end up a vivid orange/yellow before toning.

I take good care of my hair (apart from colouring it!) and deep condition well and rarely use a hairdryer as I find air drying better for it.

Any advice?

ProbablyMe Thu 09-Jul-15 07:43:16

Anyone any advice before I go to Boots? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now