Talk

Advanced search

£150 for clothes - what should I get to maximise my wardrobe? Help!

(6 Posts)
InNeedofaStyleChange Wed 08-Jul-15 16:38:10

So I have saved £150 to get some new bits and pieces of clothing. Everything I own is cheap and worn out. I wear the same things (jersey dresses) week after week, and am fed up always looking the same and having nothing to wear.

I have a couple of nice blazers for work, so would like some ideas of things to put with them that would look smart?

Some summery dresses maybe?

And shoes. I have NO shoes! Just winter boots and an ancient beat up pair of ballet flats.

Ideas of stuff would be great, that I can keep an eye out for in charity shops or in the sales. I am a size 12 and 5'4, with extremely short chunky legs, big boobs and a relatively small waist, so I gravitate towards dresses nipped in at the waist. Would like to wear skirts or even trousers but don't know where to start or what to put with them.

Where should I start?!

homeaway Wed 08-Jul-15 18:20:41

The vivienne files website was recommended on here , she has some nice ideas if you look at that you might get some inspiration. I would get a good quality pair of trousers and some cheaper tops in the sales. Zara sometimes have nice tops in but worth looking in the sales.

Lovewearingjeans Wed 08-Jul-15 18:53:05

Are you looking for work things? And what size boobs? I like a jumpsuit, and I am your height and size, but more of an hourglass you can wear a jacket over them too.

chanie44 Wed 08-Jul-15 19:46:54

You could always update your current jersey dresses with some accessories - scarves, jewellery, hair clips and funky tights.

I bought an a-line skirt from uniqlo today for £5, in the sale. Most of my wardrobe is from there and they do have some nice dresses in.

In terms of shoes, some summer sandals or flip flops. I bought some glittery toms this weekend, reduced from £40 to £25. I got them from office and they price matched their online offer.

Happy shopping, come back and let us know what you bought.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 08-Jul-15 19:51:24

More and more Jersey dresses - but in the sales/EBay so you can maximise your budget

I got a new LK Bennett wrap dress for £14 on EBay last week

I also only wear Jersey dresses

InNeedofaStyleChange Wed 08-Jul-15 23:24:10

Thank you all!

Vivienne files sounds interesting, will check that out. I love the Zara classics too.

Boobs are 32DD. Honestly, I do overall quite like my body but in most trousers it feels that I get really huge below my waist even though logically I know I can't be THAT huge if non-stretch size 12 jeans fit etc. They fit but just look horrible. Jumpsuits are not something I'd ever considered, but certainly willing to try some on and see!

I have lots of cute accessories and am good at jazzing up old clothes with different bits and pieces, but it really is a situation where I need to buy clothes now. This might be a dumb question, but in general is Office a good quality place for shoes?

Ebay is definitely where I will be heading for sure. Glad to know there is at least one other loyal jersey dress fan out there grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now