Talk

Advanced search

Style icon for a SAHM?

(13 Posts)
diggerdigsdogs Wed 08-Jul-15 02:56:26

I know this sounds like a weird question.

Bringing DSD with us to the UK and I'm taking her to topshop in oxford circus for the (step)mother and daughter personal shopping thing.

One of the questions on the booking form is "who is your style icon" confused

I'm a SAHM to a 4 year old, 2 year old and 3 month old. I'm 29 for 4 more days. Does anyone have any good suggestions for people to suggest? My usual uniform is that of most SAHMs tbh. Jeans, t-shirt, cardigan, converse in winter. Dull as dullsville. Live in Aus so can look to more LA based women for inspiration too.

Any good ideas? thanks

Paulklee Wed 08-Jul-15 07:55:53

Jennifer aniston?

PetiteBateau Wed 08-Jul-15 08:41:12

Well whose look do you like?

FrankietheSquealer Wed 08-Jul-15 08:42:49

surely this?

FrankietheSquealer Wed 08-Jul-15 08:43:21

or this?

purplecloud123 Wed 08-Jul-15 08:46:30

Rachel Bilson?

LadyMaryofDownton Wed 08-Jul-15 09:37:14

Kourtney Kardashian
Jessica Alba
Nicole Ritchie
Katie Holmes
Sofia Vegera
The Ecclestones

All Mums & around your/our age. They balance style & practicality (most of the time)

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Wed 08-Jul-15 15:13:45

Are you shopping for DSD or both of you? If it's just for her, then surely Topshop want to know who her icon is, not yours? ( Unless they want to know yours to get an idea of how much money you will be willing to part with).

LadyMaryofDownton Wed 08-Jul-15 15:56:51

GIRLS; They ask that question so the personal shoppers can pick out styles before you get there!

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Wed 08-Jul-15 16:12:16

I realise that; but will Topshop be picking out styles beforehand based on OPs icon or her DSD?

nottheOP Wed 08-Jul-15 16:15:55

I think it's for the both of them. Are you more like Eva Mendes who always wears dresses or SJP who seems to stick to the jeans and t shirt uniform when doing the school run. I'd say that I like Olivia Palermo and Jessica Alba i want to look just like her please

nottheOP Wed 08-Jul-15 16:17:00

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/category/find-your-perfect-appointment-2/home?geoip=noredirect#

prettywhiteguitar Wed 08-Jul-15 16:18:35

I would look at the ranges online and say - seventies, or block colours or crochet if you can't think of one.....personally I don't really have a style icon, maybe Charlotte Gainsborough but I still can't copy her style, I'd look totally different

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now