Talk

Advanced search

Milia under eyes

(14 Posts)
Candra Tue 07-Jul-15 19:42:47

This morning I woke up with a cluster of tiny milia under each eye. After a bit of research I have decided it could be the clinique take the day off eye make up remover oil I got free sample of.

Could this be right? I have now cleansed with lrp toner with lrp and put on my effaclar duo all a bit stingy as I've been out in the sun recently so for the last week been using cetaphil and Clinique moisture surge (free sample) every day and clarins lotus oil (free sample) used twice only a few nights ago. Could it be any of those products?

FrugalFashionista Tue 07-Jul-15 21:06:37

I get milia from all kinds of oils and greasy creams, including most eye creams. Once the milia are formed, switching products does not help, they just stay there. Mine eventually fall of, but it can take months or years. You can have them professionally seen to. I'd discontinue all oils and see what happens.

sharksanddolphins Tue 07-Jul-15 21:08:57

Are you referring to those small white dots under the eyes that have bothered me for years? What on earth are they and how to rid them! I used to try and squeeze them confused

Candra Tue 07-Jul-15 21:11:27

Oh no really, years shock I've never had them before. They are luckily really small but under the whole length of my eyes.

Right then avoid all new oils for now and new greasy creams. Blimey hmm

Spurtle Tue 07-Jul-15 21:11:40

I've removed a few myself by slitting across them with a scalpel. Probably not recommended, but works. Obviously if they're very, very close to your eye, it's even less recommended!

SillyBub Tue 07-Jul-15 21:13:58

I have them, only one at the moment but three have gone over the past few months after being there for years. My 5yo DD has a cluster in the outer corner of one of her eyes and is being teased for them sad

Sorry, no advice there, just empathy.

Candra Tue 07-Jul-15 21:15:31

I read a zombie post on here earlier where someone tried calamine lotion, the stuff you use for chickenpox and that seemed to work after a few days so I'll be buying that tomorrow.

Yes shark the very small bumpy dots sad

I've read a wikihow post on ways of getting rid of them. Luckily salicyic acid is worth trying of which I have a few products and I know did not cause them. So it must be oils.

Candra Tue 07-Jul-15 21:17:23

Mine aren't big enough for a scalpel yet.

I'm hoping to keep them at bay at least, so they don't get any worse.

Fingers crossed they bog off. I'm going to wipe under eyes now with clearasil pads.

Candra Tue 07-Jul-15 21:24:04

They are spreading and getting bigger shock since I looked properly earlier today, if that's even possible! maybe they are more noticeable in the light.

Ok have wiped carefully with clearasil pad. Will apply more effeclar duo later and wait to see what the morning brings.

Sod my tan I'm back on the salicyic acid.

Candra Tue 07-Jul-15 21:27:24

I'm guessing I won't ever be skipping the toner stage now if I use oil based make up remover.

sharksanddolphins Tue 07-Jul-15 21:55:27

Can someone put in a nut shell what I should or shouldn't be doing? To prevent or get rid of them? There are a few words and stuff I don't get, it's all gobbledegook to me!!

Candra Tue 07-Jul-15 21:59:00

I have no idea but I'm thinking if it's oils that have caused them, then I will blast like spots with salicyic acid till I have a clue. And then try calamine lotion. Any things worth a try.

fairgame Tue 07-Jul-15 22:07:10

I got 2 about 2 years ago. One was on my cheek and I scraped away the top layer if skin with a needle and popped it out. The second is in the corner of my eye. It's been bugging me for 2 years but yesterday I finally plucked up the courage to get it removed. I had to have it treated with a Lamprobe because the therapist said it was too close to my eye to lance. It was the most painful procedure ever but hopefully it will be gone once the scab falls off. I haven't had any new ones since I changed my skin care routine so I think it must be product related. When I got the milia I was using body shop cleaner and toner and I haven't had any since I stopped using them.

Candra Tue 07-Jul-15 23:17:27

It must be product related, however I have been crying a lot the last few days actually so it could be something to do with that even hmm strokes chin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now