Talk

Advanced search

soft, non irritating blouse or polo shirt for reception dd

(12 Posts)
sacbina Tue 07-Jul-15 18:48:08

being a bit organised I bought some M&S blouses for dd starting reception in September......except she hates the feeling of them. she's quite sensitive to fabrics, annoying seams and itchy bits as she calls them

they just have to be white with a collar. Any recommendations??

Want to get them now as we're away most of august and don't want to be trawling the shops with two toddlers

Bunbaker Tue 07-Jul-15 18:50:19

New clothes can tend to irritate. They will probably feel softer after a few washes.

DonkeyOaty Tue 07-Jul-15 18:50:48

Wash them loads between now and then?

Charity shop kiddie clothes are usually pre softened, just a thought - you might pick up a couple?

DonkeyOaty Tue 07-Jul-15 18:52:14

Hi five Bunners! ( auto correct wanted Bummers shock)

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 07-Jul-15 18:58:57

I just got Dd some polos from John Lewis and they felt noticeably soft straight out of the packet, 100% cotton too.

Bunbaker Tue 07-Jul-15 19:01:49

Donkey grin

hiccupgirl Tue 07-Jul-15 19:16:02

M&S ones are pretty soft in comparison to ones from places like Tescos.

I'd try washing them lots but also see if there is logoed one you can buy - the logo ones for DS's school are £8 each but are much softer than any of the multipack ones.

popcal Tue 07-Jul-15 20:44:04

Matalan sells soft cotton polo tops with elastane. My daughter hates stitching and seams but has been ok with these.

sacbina Tue 07-Jul-15 20:51:59

Thanks all. Unfortunately I know what she's like and tbh they do feel quite starchy and I don't have the money to see if they'll get softer.

will get thee to John lewis and matalan

choppychopster Tue 07-Jul-15 20:53:42

DD has these. Lovely and soft. They're more like thick, stretchy t-shirt material rather than traditional polo shirts which can be a bit scratchy.
m.direct.asda.com/george/girls-school-polo-shirts/girls-school-ruffle-front-polo-white/G003185282,default,pd.html

hangoninaminute Tue 07-Jul-15 20:54:01

Try the m&s Jersey ones.
m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/2-pack-girls-picot-edge-jersey-tops/p/p22227166

choppychopster Tue 07-Jul-15 20:54:45

Oh, and she loves the girly frilly bit on the front. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now