Talk

Advanced search

Hush what do you think of it?

(13 Posts)
trader21c Tue 07-Jul-15 14:17:53

They've got quite a good sale on at the moment but I'm not sure about a pair of shorts - reviews say they arrived creased! Puts me off because generally the clothes look quite nice and relaxed ... what's the quality like? Does it justify the high prices??

Jane190 Tue 07-Jul-15 14:21:29

I've been pleased with the things I've bought in the sales or eBay. Nice cropped harem pants and marseille trousers, various things. Good quality, nice fabrics.

RoobyTuesday Tue 07-Jul-15 15:31:18

I've ordered a few things over the years from Hush and to be honest I've never been overly impressed. I always love the look of the stuff on the website - I really like that style but am always disappointed when it arrives. I don't think the quality is worth what you pay for (so maybe it's worth it in the sale), sizing is huge and be warned they are terrible at returns.

oddfodd Tue 07-Jul-15 15:33:14

I've only bought a couple of things and the quality was very poor I thought - seams coming undone after a few months etc.

Fabrics are nice but they skimp on production quality. Wouldn't buy from them again

afink Tue 07-Jul-15 16:05:18

I've only ever heard bad things about the quality of the clothes, although the pyjamas seem to be very well made. Perhaps the nightwear is made in a different place to the other clothing.

RudyMentary Tue 07-Jul-15 22:45:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Goodwordguide Tue 07-Jul-15 22:52:47

Another fan here - never had a problem with quality or returns. Their pajamas are by far my favourite - really good fabric. I have the denim short dress which is currently on sale and I wear it constantly.

I'm not that keen on the current collection as it's a bit too Ibiza/posh hippy for my life style (which unfortunately features a distinct lack of exotic beaches/foreign festivals/fashion blogger-style mini-breaks).

Some of the stuff is a bit over-priced so I usually buy it in the sale but the same goes for most brands I buy from eg, Toast, me+em etc.

RudyMentary Tue 07-Jul-15 23:08:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

trader21c Wed 08-Jul-15 19:14:23

Well the shorts have arrived (creased as I suspected) but they look really good on and are very comfortable. Pricy for £30 but still I'm keeping them as like them so much. Another top i ordered is going back - good quality but had weird batwing arms that didn't show up in the photo!!!

Wagglebee Thu 09-Jul-15 03:32:28

I love the thickness of the fabrics they use, the subtle colours and the fact they sell a lot of stuff perfect for layering. Plus I get sucked into the styling they do. Gorgeous.

But I do think it's overpriced, their sizing is pretty off sometimes and why oh why do they sell out of things so quickly? It's like they get three of each size in and that's it.

the newsletter email is weird too. They always mention a problem they're having in a really pally way like that Aunt who always writes about her bunions in the Christmas card.

Wagglebee Thu 09-Jul-15 03:34:09

Packaging and postage is fantastic too actually. They have more positives than negatives imo.

apart from the weird email

trader21c Fri 10-Jul-15 06:13:17

They were very good at sending me something else I wanted to add to the order but the initial item had already been dispatched. Next day I got both items (in two separate parcels) but only for one lot of postage.

Coastingit Fri 10-Jul-15 08:07:24

Quality very variable. When I buy something that works though, I wear it to death, and tbh most days I am wearing something from them.

Marseille shorts are great but I paid £5 for mine from the sample sale and wouldn't say they are worth £30. I usually buy 1-2 items each season and a huge sack of stuff at the sample sale, half of which I end up wearing.

I have about 14 Hush dresses, counting in my head! blush And 4 trousers, 2 skirts, shorts, and a couple of vests, a tee and a jumper, and a blazer. And 3 pairs of jammies. My most worn brand, along with Uniqlo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now