Talk

Advanced search

First Aid Beauty pads - mega greasy face in the mornings

(6 Posts)
kiwidreamer Mon 06-Jul-15 21:35:02

Anyone else had this? Ive been working with new skin care products for about 2mths, skin is better but I wouldn't say amazing. I use Emma Hardie cleansing balm at night, then the FAB pads and alternate night cream with serum. But in the mornings my skin is visibly oily, no spots have come up just a greasy glow! I use the REN clay cleanser in the shower in the morning, using those great cloths from Emma Hardie.

Should I carry on or is it a sign I should change something?

Also I have some yuck pigmentation happening on my forehead, any tips n what can I use to help with that?

Bapple Mon 06-Jul-15 22:08:23

Same here. Seen so many great reviews so thought I'd try FAB pads too and hate the way they make my skin feeling - sticky almost. I use Emma Hardie cleansing balm but using a FAB afterwards takes away the lovely feel of my skin. I've gone back to my Bravura toner now. I did come out in some lumpy spots on my forehead but think they were more stress than anything (although they have reduced now I stopped the FAB pads).

Candra Mon 06-Jul-15 23:28:39

I don't like the nip and fab glycolic pads either, they also leave a yucky film on my face and do nothing to my skin other than make it worse.

mowglik Tue 07-Jul-15 00:00:25

I find AHA and BHA products quite sticky too so I usually wipe off the excess with a rose toner after about 20 min. I have seen an improvement in my skin though it's not consistent yet but I'm planning to keep up acids for the long term.

Try pixiglow that's the only AHA I don't find too sticky

kiwidreamer Tue 07-Jul-15 20:39:45

Hmmmm maybe when I've come to the end of this lot I'll try a different toner, the Clinique mild one perhaps, the Pixiglow was very ££ for average reviews.

Any tips on the pigmentation problem? Would that Liqiud Gold (I might have that name wrong??) stuff help?

Bapple Tue 07-Jul-15 22:23:08

I use Liquid Gold every few nights and can't say I'm wowed by it. Yes my skin looks better first thing but by the time I've cleansed it I can't see any difference. I'm going to keep at it though. I don't get the tingle some people report so wonder if it's doing anything at all.

For pigmentation, I'm currently using LRP Effaclar Duo in the mornings which might be working but I think it's a longer process (only got slight pigmentation anyway). Going to try LRP Redermic R next as retinol might be the way forward...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now