Talk

Advanced search

Best pink (or maybe other colour) hair dye

(15 Posts)
wonderpants Mon 06-Jul-15 20:20:34

I have very light blonde with a high lift tint rather than bleach, and I fancy putting on a semi permanent pale/ pastelly pink.

I know Bleach London, any other suggestions?

Thanks

tatumsfunkychicken Mon 06-Jul-15 20:23:58

No, I don't want any yoghurt.

(Sorry OP! Hopefully this will act as a bump. FWIW I think pink and blue both look really good in ombré style with blond smile)

wonderpants Mon 06-Jul-15 20:27:32

Ha ha ha yoghurt? Am I missing something?

Ombré would be brill, but beyond my home hairdressing and I just fancied cheap and easy!

tatumsfunkychicken Mon 06-Jul-15 20:31:02

Sorry OP, look up threads in chat, should make sense.

How long is your hair? Are you going to go full head or sections?

wonderpants Mon 06-Jul-15 20:46:01

It is a very short kind of bob, will just stick all over I think!

BonesyBones Mon 06-Jul-15 20:52:36

I've had my hair every colour under the sun and would recommend crazy colour dyes. www.crazycolor.co.uk they have a "candy shop collection" at the moment with a pale pink called candyfloss I think. All their colours are semi-permanent.

wonderpants Mon 06-Jul-15 21:18:09

Awesome, love the emerald green!

BonesyBones Mon 06-Jul-15 22:39:37

The emerald green is really nice, but comes out slightly darker than the picture

daftyburd Mon 06-Jul-15 23:35:31

I use Manic Panic Amplified to dye my hair purple. They have pink and pasteliser dyes to lighten any dye. Warning it is very messy. I have rainbow grout in my shower cubicle now.
www.manic-panic.co.uk/

MrsTattoo Wed 08-Jul-15 08:12:19

I have used Directions dye for years, have tried almost all their colours and swear by them grin vegan friendly and really condition your hair too even after all the bleaching I do!

You can get tubs on ebay for about £3-3.50 including postage wink

chezbot Sun 12-Jul-15 20:37:00

Creative image adore range is a great semi permanent imo, takes longer to fade than others I've tried

wonderpants Sat 18-Jul-15 18:51:54

I used crazy colour candy floss but it is very patchy and uneven! I still like it though!

Catswiththumbs Sat 18-Jul-15 18:58:23

Use directions cerise, but mix it with white conditioner to get the pastel shade you want. The cerise is VERY dark and bright, but goes a nice pastel colour when you dilute it.

BernardlookImaprostituterobotf Sat 18-Jul-15 23:16:23

Another vote for directions here. I've done everything from bright single colours to rainbow, pastel, pastel rainbow and everything in between.
I do like the Adore colour I've used (indigo blue) but for me, La Riche all the way. Suits my hair which I think is important to trial - I don't get on with manic panic others love it. They mix nicely as well and have different base colours (pink or orange based reds for example) so you can match tones. Dilute down nicely too.
So now - are you going to show us a picture? Love a nice pastel pink.

Dukketeater Sun 19-Jul-15 21:57:26

Colour freedom by Knight & Wilson.

You get it in superdrug - its a bright pink but they sell a pasteliser (I just use a white conditioner) and the tube is £8 ish and lasts FOREVER.

Was on 1/3 off last week so I bought more colours.

They have a facebook page if you look you can see real people who have used it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now