Talk

Advanced search

How long for sunburn to fade or tips to make it less red

(9 Posts)
NapoleonsNose Mon 06-Jul-15 17:38:41

Yesterday I sat outside and it was quite windy and I'm now sporting a beautiful t-shirt burn. I know I should have used suncream, but when we went out in the morning it was raining and I really didn't think I'd need anything. I am pale of skin and am usually very careful in the sun.

Anyway, I have a wedding to go to in a couple of weeks and I'm wearing a dress with tiny cap sleeves. It arrived today and it looks awful with my red marks. Any tips on getting the redness to tone down? I was planning on using some fake tan beforehand, but am scared that is going to look ridiculous now.

TheAwfulDaughter Mon 06-Jul-15 17:40:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DreamingOfTheBeach Mon 06-Jul-15 17:41:12

I did this 3 weeks before my own wedding.
It took 2 weeks for the whole area to completely finish peeling and heal.
I then went for a spray tan to Evan it out

Destinysdaughter Mon 06-Jul-15 18:39:35

Aloe Vera is good for sunburn.

specialsubject Mon 06-Jul-15 18:39:51

2 weeks? You'll be fine but it is only 2 weeks from peak UV and clouds don't provide that much protection. As you know now.

cover it up, put some clean soothing stuff on it and wait. And use some suncream on exposed skin until October.

burnishedsilver Mon 06-Jul-15 18:52:42

Ds got his face burned recently. It looked like it would peel but lrp cicaplast baume b5 really turned it around.

avagosling Tue 07-Jul-15 10:54:52

As pure aloe vera juice as you can get - either sprayed on your face or wiped with a cotton pad.
Avocado oil - deeply penetrating to help heal the sunburnt skin.
Carrot oil - naturally tinting to help even out the skin, nourishing too.

OttiliaVonBCup Tue 07-Jul-15 10:57:36

Fenistil gel is great for that.
Also plain yogurt.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Tue 07-Jul-15 11:02:07

Should be gone in a few days.

Aloe vera - straight from the plant if you can get it, or 100% aloe gel.
Lavender essential oil if the skin is unbroken
Nivea hand cream.

Do NOT use calamine lotion - it dries it and can cause blisters (if you have any) to burst more easily. <experience>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now