Talk

Advanced search

Is this dressy enough for a wedding?

(92 Posts)
Roseybee10 Sun 05-Jul-15 14:24:44

Love this dress but not sure if it's dressy enough. Was thinking navy accessories and nude shoes?

InQuiteAPickle Sun 05-Jul-15 14:28:13

Yes, I think so. The last wedding I went to there were lots of people wearing dresses like that.

GoodToesBadToes Sun 05-Jul-15 14:29:21

Yes but have you other colour shoes? The nude shoe thing is so overdone. You could pick out the bright blue or splashes of pink

Roseybee10 Sun 05-Jul-15 14:31:00

I don't have any blue or pink shoes unfortunately and can't afford new shoes as well as the dress and bag and fascinator etc.
thanks for the replies. Glad it looks dressy enough :-)

Yes it's fine - and the shoes are fine too. Nobody will judge you for wearing nude shoes (except on MN)! In fact, I bet most people don't even notice them.

FadedRed Sun 05-Jul-15 15:40:02

That's lovely. Definitely ok for wedding.

TheRealMaryMillington Sun 05-Jul-15 15:40:20

Fab dress and suits you
I think nude shoes would work well
navy accessories great
I would not bother with fascinator, much more contemporary without. if that saved money for bright pink shoes would be ace

SaveOurBogBrushes Sun 05-Jul-15 15:46:21

Dress is gorgeous and really suits yousmile

Runningupthathill82 Sun 05-Jul-15 17:00:09

Lovely dress and looks fab on you! Definitely suitable.

Roseybee10 Sun 05-Jul-15 17:36:43

Ugh hubby's now told me he hates it. Want to stab him!!

WishIwasanastronaut Sun 05-Jul-15 17:42:17

It's a beautiful dress. Where's it from?

burnishedsilver Sun 05-Jul-15 17:44:04

It's perfect.
'Hates it' is a bit of a strong reaction. What does he hate about it?

Roseybee10 Sun 05-Jul-15 17:51:33

Apparently he hates the pattern. I had bought another dress for the wedding but I wasn't really loving it. Bought it as i had been trying to dresses all day and my mum kind of talked me into it but it's a body con and I'm just not confident enough to wear it tbh. I'm only 5 months post baby and just feel like it's too clingy. Hubby prefers that one obviously as it's more clingy.

He says he doesn't like the pattern as it's too 'busy' but the other dress I have has a weird pattern that I feel is more 'busy' than this one.

First world problems eh! I just have no idea what suits me anymore. Feel like a bag lady most of the time.

happywiththis Sun 05-Jul-15 17:56:57

looks very nice. very nice indeed.
and you will probably be much more comfortable in that than - you know - those people who wear something they are completely awkward in and are terrrribly self-conscious... so un-chic.
go for it!
You could dress it up with a really wow fascinator or little hatty thing

Can you post a pic of the one hubby likes, and open it to a vote? smile

FadedRed Sun 05-Jul-15 18:29:15

Tell DH that you will wear this dress and HE can wear the other one he prefers grin

Roseybee10 Sun 05-Jul-15 18:29:36

Lol ok. The one I've posted in op isn't me - it's a picture from the boutiques web site so I should prob take it down soon. Oops.

This is me in the other dress

Runningupthathill82 Sun 05-Jul-15 18:32:36

The pattern looks Ted baker-ish, but I think I saw this dress in warehouse? Could be wrong!

Also, you only had a baby 5 months ago? Your figure is incredible!

SwedishEdith Sun 05-Jul-15 18:39:42

You look great in both but I think I prefer the first one.

Roseybee10 Sun 05-Jul-15 18:43:49

Spanx haha!!
The second one is a lipsy one so also worried someone else may have the same one.

lurkingaround Sun 05-Jul-15 18:45:11

Yy, fab figure.

I disagree with your H. I prefer your first dress. Much prefer.

Has he decent taste or is he like my DH - tight, low neck, short, awful poor enough taste? grin

The second looks great on you, but I prefer the dress in the first post - I like the little sleeves on it.

Roseybee10 Sun 05-Jul-15 18:51:35

I think the first is classier!
I don't think the second one is as flattering tbh. Think I should ignore hubby lol.

RedCrayons Sun 05-Jul-15 18:56:46

I prefer the print on the first dress. Wear which one you feel comfortable in. Nothing worse than spending the day in a dress that's not quite right.

DaisyChain87 Sun 05-Jul-15 18:59:03

I love love love the first one! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now