Talk

Advanced search

Foundation to wear on top of sunscreen that lasts

(18 Posts)
Sunflower6 Sat 04-Jul-15 21:33:38

Can anyone recommend a foundation to wear on top of sunscreen that lasts? I have hyperpigmentation on my face so I have to wear factor 50 sunscreen all year. I would like a foundation that lasts in top of the sunscreen and doesn't make my skin look too oily if that's possible.

nowttodowithme Sat 04-Jul-15 21:37:11

Estée Lauder double wear you won't look back, it's amazing and I've used it for years!

BotoxBitch Sat 04-Jul-15 22:17:51

Or maybe try an SPF foundation. Heliocare SPF 50 foundation is amazing, very moisturising, coverage is excellent. And I've tried the lot! X

mowglik Sat 04-Jul-15 23:13:21

What skin type are you? I have oily skin and the longest lasting foundations on me are Clarins everlasting (lovely soft and natural finish), Dior forever (bit more coverage I think), and YSL inkfusion (light great for summer and very good coverage too)

FraggleHair Sat 04-Jul-15 23:44:14

After you've put your foundation on give your face a light dusting of Nars Light Reflecting powder. It will keep you shine free all day. Magical stuff.

burnishedsilver Sun 05-Jul-15 00:10:59

I thought that the sunscreen was supposed to go on after the make up. Did I get that wrong! I'm now to the whole multi stage high tech skin care routine thing.
I'm using lrp factor 50 anthelios and I'm very happy with it. If been putting it on after cc creme but before powder.

FraggleHair Sun 05-Jul-15 00:15:06

But...but.....but.....if you put your sunscreen on over your CC cream you'll just end up wiping your makeup off.

Sunscreen definitely before makeup.

MadAngryGnome Sun 05-Jul-15 00:24:25

Another one for EL double wear. Came back to it yesterday after a fling with other foundations and it lasts immaculately on my oily skin right up until the evening.

Other than that, let your suncream really sink in properly before putting foundation on top of it, go make a coffee or something. Otherwise it'll slip off quicker.

suncream OVER foundation?!?! shockshockshock

ForSaleChesterDraws Sun 05-Jul-15 07:38:58

Lone dissenter. I put it on under foundation and then if I'm out in the sun for a while will reapply over my foundation. Sun cream isn't a once a day application thing (unless you are using Ultrasun et al).

Try Biore sunscreen. Anything will go on easily over that. Was recommended on mn. Brilliant stuff, no grease, dries instantly.

Sunflower6 Sun 05-Jul-15 14:11:09

I have oily skin, it is ultrasun that I use but it makes my skin more oily and I need some make up to lessen my hyperpigmentation which I'm very self conscious of.

FraggleHair Sun 05-Jul-15 14:31:52

In our climate applying sunscreen once a day to the face is fine for 99% of the year. If I'm on holiday somewhere hot I don't bother with makeup so I can reapply suncream to my face throughout the day. I don't understand how you can put suncream over your foundation without rubbing all your makeup off?

Ihatemarmite2 Sun 05-Jul-15 15:12:13

Clinique City Block spf 40 is marketed as a primer as well and is for under make up. There is not much difference between 40 and 50, dermos say.
I use it under make up but on really hot days and if going outside a lot, I layer it over foundation later in the day and top with a bit of powder blusher. It's tinted so looks a bit like foundation anyway.

Sunscreen applied at 8am is not going to do the job that well by 3pm same as if it was on your body.

Shop Sun 05-Jul-15 20:26:35

Sunflower I use SPF year round for the same reasons. Have you tried the ultrasun spf30? I found it much much better than the the spf50

burnishedsilver Sun 05-Jul-15 21:53:05

It doesn't rub my make up off. It looks fine. I need to reapply it in the afternoon as I'm usually outside for an extended period later in the day so its going over the makeup at some point anyway.

U2TheEdge Sun 05-Jul-15 22:18:23

Estee Lauder double wear is amazing.

It makes my face look pretty bloody flawless which is a hard thing to do.

I have got loads of facial sunscreens now obsessed and waiting for my Biroe to arrive. I love the Estee Lauder SPF 50 but for that price and the small bottle I won't buy it again. I have to use a lot as I am using retin.

I went to the beach at the weekend with my foundation on and a big floppy hat. I was so paranoid that I ended up re-applying SPF on top of my foundation and I looked a hideous mess grin

Sunflower6 Fri 10-Jul-15 17:28:34

Shop - is ultrasun 30 sufficient protection for hyperpigmentation? Is is less oily than the factor 50. I have just changed from ultrasun factor 50 to ultrasun factor 50 antipigmentation and it is too greasy it's horrid it must sits on top of my skin and makeup doesn't seem to sit on it right.

If you change to Biore you will have factor 50 and something you can apply foundation easily over. It's sinks in extremely quickly and is not oily or creamy. It's leagues above any other sunscreen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now