Hot weather non-bra bra top for big norks

(17 Posts)
Crunchybadger Sat 04-Jul-15 20:56:33

It's far too hot for underwired bras. So what else can I wear? Too much norkage to release 'em (34E-ish) but vest tops with built-in nork shelf (from M&S and Uniqlo) just too damn hot and itchy and unsupportive and just bleurgh.

Can anyone help? Is there such a thing as a sort of light cotton stretchy workout bra or something? How do you survive the stupid glorious weather with top heavy grace?

VodkaValiumLattePlease Sat 04-Jul-15 21:19:23

Yes I have a gray bralette from peacocks for £5. It's super comfy

Crunchybadger Sat 04-Jul-15 21:21:46

Oh thanks vodka! What does a bralette look like? Like a longish bra top?

Fairylea Sat 04-Jul-15 21:24:19

Yours do some lovely stretchy crop tops in white and black for £10. Personally I couldn't wear them out and about under clothes because they're not very supportive but they provide a bit of modesty if you're at home with children's friends about or answering the door etc. They're done in dress size, starting from a 14 so not sure if that will do?

I hate bras in this weather. I'm a 30GG and I take them off as soon as I get home. So bloody uncomfortable!!

Crunchybadger Sat 04-Jul-15 21:24:28

Also forgot another Important Requirement: not make your norks look weird. My Uniqlo tops seem to give me the silhouette of a condemned bungalow.

VodkaValiumLattePlease Sat 04-Jul-15 21:24:36

www.peacocks.co.uk/lds-single-padded-seamfree-cr-113189.html?___store=default

Sorry for crap link I'm on my phone, it's literally like a cotton workout bra, it says padded but it's so thin it just about covers the nips.

Crunchybadger Sat 04-Jul-15 21:28:30

Thanks fairy, I'll take a look. I'd settle for something to wear at home too, to not frighten the neighbours.

Maybe add a bra stand to the hall to ping the bloody thing onto when I get home. Like a hot, cross, middle aged female James Bond. With big norks.

Crunchybadger Sat 04-Jul-15 21:31:33

Vodka - that's ace thanks v much. £1 off too, bargain!

FishWithABicycle Sat 04-Jul-15 21:48:16

Have you tried Bravissimo vest tops? They have a proper built in bra not just an m&s style nork shelf.

Crunchybadger Sat 04-Jul-15 21:57:08

Fish that's v interesting, haven't tried them, thanks. Not too hot/weird looking?

Lucie99 Sat 04-Jul-15 21:57:35

m.lanebryant.com/products/4043c4044p220865?locale=GB-GBP

I too have large boobs. These are super comfy.

Lucie99 Sat 04-Jul-15 22:00:55

m.lanebryant.com/products/p223138?locale=GB-GBP

... and these.

Crunchybadger Sat 04-Jul-15 22:04:43

Just looked at bravissimo. £34 squid for a bravest top! Ouch ... Maybe if reviews said is was super comfy. Hmmm.

Crunchybadger Sat 04-Jul-15 22:09:18

Thanks Lucie. Those look good but too big for me, dammit!

DelphiniumBlue Sat 04-Jul-15 23:14:13

Hi, gatecrashing this thread! I've been looking at the lanebryant site, any idea how their sizing comes up? Following their instructions I'm 38f but if I do the bending over and measuring thing I'm at least a G.
But my usual bra size is 38e or 40 DD, a bigger cup size would normally be too big. Atre their sizes different to English ones? Any help would be much appreciated.

The bravissimo tops are very good. I have some of the underwired ones, but I also have a few of their plainer PJ ones which are non wired but still give decent lift. I wear them when taking long flights and on holiday!

Delphinium, Lane Bryant sizes are different as they go D,DD,DDD,F,G compared to D,DD,E,F,FF,G.

HazleNutt Sun 05-Jul-15 07:12:17

Yes try the Bravissimo PJ tops, very good support. Personally I prefer to go up a cup if I plan to wear them outside, more coverage this way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now