Talk

Advanced search

Eye cream - recommendations please!

(5 Posts)
MaisyMoo123 Sat 04-Jul-15 19:04:46

I am fast approaching the big 4-0 and it has come to my attention that my eyes (and the area around them) aren't looking quite as bright and and awake as they once did! So time to reach for one of those miracle eye creams I thought - but one trip to Boots later and I'm empty handed. I found myself completely bamboozled by what's on offer - serums, creams roll-ons!? So - I decided to turn to mumsnet for advice! Are there any eye creams out there that actually do what they promise? Ideally I'm after something that removes bags/dark circles and lifts/reduces wrinkles but realise this might be a big ask! I'd really welcome your recommendations!

Dancergirl Sat 04-Jul-15 19:07:39

I really like two - Boots protect and perfect eye cream and the Liz Earle one.

rosie39forever Sat 04-Jul-15 20:50:29

La Roche posay redermic is excellent for making fine lines disappear but I'm afraid the only way to get rid of dark circles is sleep and plenty of water.

Kundry Sat 04-Jul-15 21:33:38

Unfortunately there isn't a cream that removes bags or dark circles, although there are many that claim that they do!

Depending on what sort of dark circle you have, somethings may be able to help - but if yours like mine are genetic with thin skin over purple capillaries, they are what they are.

I found Lisa Eldridge's dark circle, and bags videos v helpful in figuring out what I had. As a thin skin, purple circles person I tried a Haloxyl cream and do think it makes a difference.

www.lisaeldridge.com/video/21005/puffiness-bags-under-the-eyes-causes-and-treatments/#.VZhCoqYY6Rs

www.lisaeldridge.com/video/21004/dark-circles-under-the-eyes-causes-and-treatments/#.VZhCuaYY6Rs

Wrinkles wise you need a whole face approach:

Non-foaming cleanser
Acid toner
Vit C serum
Retinol at night like LRP Redermic
SPF every day, even in winder religiously to try to stop things getting worse

And if you are a smoker, give up smile

Kundry Sat 04-Jul-15 21:34:53

Sleep and water will make no difference to my dark circles at all - it depends what sort you have but if they are genetic, they are there regardless of how tired or hydrated you are sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now