Cruise formal night help!

(6 Posts)
40thisisit Sat 04-Jul-15 18:40:11

Ok, am pretty sorted for the casual & semi casual nights, although tbh they look formal enough to me!
I have 3 weeks to try and track down something suitable for formal nights. Am completely stuck, I know I have a limited budget and that I don't like heavily sequinned dresses.
I'm a young (well I hope so) 42 year old who doesn't want to look frumpy. Please help with any ideas....

Sirzy Sat 04-Jul-15 18:42:46

Have you looked at quiz? I have got cruise formal dresses from there in the past very reasonably priced. And oddly I got one from new look!

Can you go to somewhere like debenhams and try on some dresses to get an idea what you like?

Chewbecca Sat 04-Jul-15 18:50:11

TK Maxx is good for this sort of thing on a budget. Best to go to the store & have a rummage/try on.

Dancergirl Sat 04-Jul-15 19:09:37

Which cruise line are you going with? We went with Royal Caribbean and not every one was dressed up on formal night, it seemed to be optional.

But if you want to...how about a cocktail dress? Coast have lovely dresses, you might get something in the sale.

sonata1 Sat 04-Jul-15 19:10:32

I know it sounds odd but Bon Marche have a sale on at the moment and they have the long, jersey type sleeveless dresses with a tie at the back. I wore one with a paisley type print for formal night last year and it was so comfy and airy. In fact my 20 something DD is taking it on honeymoon for her cruise.

40thisisit Sun 05-Jul-15 19:21:25

Thanks peeps will take a look at suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now