Talk

Advanced search

serious creams for turkey necks

(10 Posts)
Ihatemarmite2 Sat 04-Jul-15 14:41:57

Okay- my face looks like a good 45-ish but my neck looks 65. Stupid me has spent years on my face but not my neck. I have 'bracelets' as they are called and crepiness, where a guy's Adams apple would be. The minute I lower my head the crepiness starts wrinkling. I have no actual wrinkles just loss of firmness.

What can I do? Was told that Botox plus Dermaroller would give me 50% improvement but for the cost -£1K- lasting 6 months it's out of the question.
Creams, lotions, potions- what do you suggest?

DrankSangriaInThePark Sat 04-Jul-15 14:45:06

Astral or blue pot nivea.You just need resurfacing and plumping.
I have always used one of these 2 on my neck and ££££s ones on my face. My face looks its 49 yrs and my neck looks 25

DeanParrish Sat 04-Jul-15 19:15:06

Or try the hyaluronic acid cream from lidl. Only about £4ish. I use it on my face neck and craw. My skin is good but neck already crepy. I am nearly 60 so way to late for me.

specialsubject Sat 04-Jul-15 21:54:10

I've never moisturised my neck in my life and at 50 it is fine. I'm sure it will sag at some point. Got lucky with the parents.

you've done nothing and nothing makes any difference. It's called ageing.

MotherBluestocking Sat 04-Jul-15 22:58:54

Clinique CX neck and chest cream is very good. Have also heard good things about the Elizabeth Arden Prevage cream.

Kundry Sat 04-Jul-15 23:31:46

Unfortunately you can't turn back ageing and sun damage - it's not the absence of moisturiser on your neck for years that has caused the problem but sun + normal ageing reducing collagen so causing sagging.

Any old moisturiser may help things look better by doing some plumping out.

If you want to try to stop things getting worse then SPF on your neck everyday (UVA and UVB protection) and a retinol. Same products as you would use for your face - there is no 'neck' cream although beauty companies would like us to think so Although these may help they won't work a miracle though sad

Can't speak for the dermaroller. It is supposed to increase collagen production which should help but a 50% improvement is a suspiciously accurate and confident prediction. If you have the cash it's worth a try but don't get sucked into extravagant promises!

SomeKindOfDeliciousBiscuit Sat 04-Jul-15 23:45:24

Have a look at the beautypedia on paulaschoice.com - they have reviews of so much skincare based on scientific consideration of the ingredients vs. the claims. Saved me about £120 tonight. shock and also made me a bit miserable as I'd been looking forward to spending my birthday money on two mega-expensive items only to find out they're crap and I'd be better off with Clinique blush

Milllii Sun 05-Jul-15 00:19:23

Face exercises can help your neck.

Vivacia Sun 05-Jul-15 07:47:56

I'd been looking forward to spending my birthday money on two mega-expensive items only to find out they're crap and I'd be better off with Clinique

Clinique is expensive in this house blush

Ihatemarmite2 Sun 05-Jul-15 09:44:53

Kundry- do all of that. I've used high SPf on my face for 25 years but not my neck- stupidly. There is no sun damage as such- no age spots or wrinkles, but just a bit of slackness.

I have been told I look anywhere from 35 (!) to 45 facially (am actually 60) but my neck is a giveaway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now