Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever ordered from H&M online?

(35 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Sat 04-Jul-15 08:40:56

I ordered a jacket from H&M online last Monday (it was always out of stock in store).
I received an email on Monday to say it had been despatched and I can track the parcel by following a link.
I thought that would be quite useful to help narrow down when it will be arriving.
It also says the tracking information will be available within 24 hours.
Well, its 3 days later and still no tracking info. Delivery date on order says 3-5th July, however this is just an estimate, but, I've no idea if its actually been despatched....
Have tried customer services but they dont seem to know.
Anyone else had this experience?

afreshstartplease Sat 04-Jul-15 08:41:57

H&m delivery is awful

Very very slow

TheAuthoress Sat 04-Jul-15 08:46:24

Agree. I've waited weeks for deliveries. I only order stuff I don't need urgently, like when the sale is on I'll order stuff for the kids for the following season.

TealFanClub Sat 04-Jul-15 09:00:03

It's awful. Zara used to be slow like that but the upped their game last year or so ago.

Plus until recently h and m had no search button on their website

Flingingmelon Sat 04-Jul-15 09:01:12

They are crazy slow. I stopped buying after a couple of sets of kids items were too small by the time they arrived shock

BlueberryMuffins76 Sat 04-Jul-15 09:23:39

I had exactly that experience last week! Estimated delivery was 22nd-24th June, eventually turned up on 27th. Same thing with the tracking - not available - but I did get an email on the eventual day of delivery saying that hermes would deliver that day. I won't be using their online service again that's for sure!

SophieJenkins Sat 04-Jul-15 09:33:54

Yes it was a car crash. Returning stuff is even worse, you can't get a refund at a store, only a credit note.

Don't bother.

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Sat 04-Jul-15 09:35:34

Order all time with H&M. Tracking info wont appear until evening before it out for delivery next day but they use Hermes so depends on how busy they are as to when that info appears

WicksEnd Sat 04-Jul-15 09:45:09

Did it once. Never again. Took weeks to arrive.

nilbyname Sat 04-Jul-15 09:47:33

H and m delivery is horrendous! The website is shit too.

H and M, are you listening?!

LivinLaVidaLoki Sat 04-Jul-15 11:40:29

Oh great sad
Boooooo!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 04-Jul-15 11:49:31

I ordered some stuff for the kids. Was sent a tracking email but it never arrived. Rang to query and the chap knocked a tenner off my order for the inconvenience. It came a couple of days later. Result. grin

Pagalee Sat 04-Jul-15 11:49:55

H&M always take about a week to deliver when I've ordered from them in the past.

DrankSangriaInThePark Sat 04-Jul-15 11:54:10

I am in Italy where the post in general is shite, and H&M is fab! 48 Hr free delivery usually!
<Helpful> grin
The sizing is mental though!

mewkins Sat 04-Jul-15 12:37:58

I think you can get a refund in store now as long as you paid by debita card originally. But yes delivery is slow and tedious and returns by post take forever. I tend to only buy in store now as sizing is all over the place too.
Gap is better quality, swift delivery and really good customer service so I tend to stick with them.

TealFanClub Sat 04-Jul-15 13:44:33

i remember the shit returns in store policy but agree that i THINK that hs changed

TealFanClub Sat 04-Jul-15 13:45:15

GOOD online shopping
gap
House of fraser
topshop
boden

( and i like the zara thing but i know lots dont)

Jemimapuddleduk Sat 04-Jul-15 14:32:02

Yes once and won't do again. Took blinking aaaaages

mewkins Sat 04-Jul-15 14:38:47

Warehouse and asos are also very good.

TealFanClub Sat 04-Jul-15 14:50:45

yup agree

Corygal Sat 04-Jul-15 18:53:45

H&M are comedy bad but Cos & Stories, part of the same group, are worse - and they have the temerity to charge 6 quid for the stuff never arriving.

Crunchybadger Sat 04-Jul-15 20:49:59

I was told in store that the online bit and the uk shops are separate: online orders come from Sweden (hence delay). The wait is q annoying but you can return for refunds in store, just take all the paperwork! I once just took the note you send off for a refund to a branch and that wasn't enough, they need the price charged too cos the unjoinedupness means they can't look your order up in store. argh!

Fairyliz Sat 04-Jul-15 20:59:15

its terrible! I ordered a top for my holiday last year and it took five weeks to arrive and actually came whilst I was away.
I decidec to keep it as I liked it and paid for it a couple of days later. I then got an invoice for £7 interest for late payment which then kept increasing by £7 per month because I refused to pay it. Customer services were rubbish and they kept sending threatening letters. All for a £15 top. Never again.

Wagglebee Sun 05-Jul-15 04:47:31

I decidec to keep it as I liked it and paid for it a couple of days later.

Don't they just take the money out automatically or do they have some weird system?

I'm waiting on an order placed on Wednesday. At least now I know it'll take ages but wish I'd known before. Five weeks is taking the piss though.shock

LivinLaVidaLoki Sun 05-Jul-15 07:49:22

waggle When you order you have a choice of pay now or enclose invoice with delivery. If you choose the second option you have 15 days to pay I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now