Talk

Advanced search

Sandals and trainers with Arch Support

(21 Posts)
yazzy85 Fri 03-Jul-15 17:33:32

Can you please recommend some summer sandals with decent arch support other than Birkenstocks? Trainers as well please....

yazzy85 Fri 03-Jul-15 20:58:52

Anyone??

Toffeelatteplease Fri 03-Jul-15 21:03:19

Earth spirit sandals. You can get them on amazon and our local independent. More padded sole than footbed. Beautiful shoes and really good price for decent shoes.

Insoles for trainers? Then you can use any trainers you like.

Otherwise marking place.....

snowaccidentprone Fri 03-Jul-15 21:05:03

Oxygen?

KanyesVest Fri 03-Jul-15 21:09:32

I had these m&s flip flops a couple of years running and would happily wear them all year. I have low arches so find a lot of flip flops make my feet achey quite quickly.

Beketaten Fri 03-Jul-15 21:55:45

Dr Scholl? They do some less-orthopedic styles in TK Maxx.

Selks Fri 03-Jul-15 22:08:57

For trainers (more of the outdoor rather than gym shoe type) both Merrell and Keen brands are great for arch support, their sandals are worth looking at too. For sandals other brands that do good arch support art Art Company, and El Naturalista.

JohnnyDeppsfuturewife Fri 03-Jul-15 22:38:50

Last year I lived in Josef Siebel sandals and fitflops.

SnozzberryPie Fri 03-Jul-15 22:48:36

Fitflops?

ChinUpChestOut Fri 03-Jul-15 22:57:02

Mephisto - yes, they're similar to Birkenstocks but if you have a high instep they offer a lot more support. They do also do sandals and regular shoes - see what they have here Mephisto Footwear as well as on Amazon, and Debenhams.

yazzy85 Sat 04-Jul-15 00:29:08

Thanks ladies have ordered earth spirit anf merrell ones from amazon to test out, if they don't work out will try other recommendations next.

Euphemia Sat 04-Jul-15 08:22:13

El Naturalista - the comfiest shoes ever!

Potterwolfie Sat 04-Jul-15 14:25:58

I bought some new Merrell sandals yesterday, I've had similar ones before and they are brilliant for general foot and arch support. I'm 5ft 11 but have small feet, high arches and have had plantar fasciitis in that past, so good support is critical. Running shoes I always go for Saucony, with an extra arch support if needed. The ones I bought yesterday are the brown Merrell Dahlia, they look much better on and are great with skirts as well as jeans/trousers.

Littlepumpkinpie Sat 04-Jul-15 15:24:20

Fitflops

yazzy85 Sat 04-Jul-15 19:32:07

Potterwolfie where did you buy the Dahlia? I can't find that style online...

yazzy85 Mon 06-Jul-15 09:58:49

The merrell ones I ordered were too sporty, Earth Spirit ones have a nice padded sole which is what I need...just going to order another style of the Earth Spirit ones.

Any of these sandals suit very wide feet too? I'm fine in Birkies, but tried about 6 styles of El Naturalista in a shop recently and all were too narrow.

My trainers are New Balance, from a running shop, with Scholl orthotics.

yazzy85 Mon 06-Jul-15 19:47:22

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes My feet are wide too, from these that I've tried the Fit Flops are the widest, then Merrell are good too as they're adjustable but a lot of them are quite sporty looking.

Any other suggestions?

Potterwolfie Tue 07-Jul-15 00:42:11

www.dsw.com/shoe/merrell+dahlia+flat+sandal?prodId=293544

Hi yazzy sorry, only just saw your message. The link to the Dahlia Merrells is above. I'm in the USA so maybe they're not available in the UK. I can see they were on sale through Amazin.co.uk but it says unavailable now. Maybe the UK Merrell site had something similar?

Thanks, Yazzy - I really don't like the look of Fitflops, but Merrell is a good suggestion.

alfieandanniesmum Tue 07-Jul-15 10:10:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now