Talk

Advanced search

Looking for advice please on a suitable wedding outfit

(10 Posts)
Monroe Thu 02-Jul-15 22:35:33

DH and I have been invited to a wedding early September. DH works with the groom and has done for years and knows him and his family (family business )very well. I have only met them a handful of times and am naturally quite shy and can get anxious about attending events where I barely know anyone. I know if I look nice I will feel more confident and it will be one less thing to worry about.

The problem is I have as much style as a bridge dwelling troll and struggle to know what looks good and what type of thing to go for. I would love some advice and tips on what to wear. If it helps I'm 5"8, size 12/14 and I know I don't suit or feel comfortable in skater / a line / prom style dresses.

I'd really appreciate any pointers on what the reasonably well dressed 40 somethings are wearing to weddings these days

Thisishowyoudisappear Fri 03-Jul-15 10:09:27

What's your budget? In your situation I would go to Hobbs. Lots of dresses, pretty, smart, conservative and wearable. Their shoes are great quality. I think they have a sale on.

Monroe Fri 03-Jul-15 22:20:17

Thank you very much, will definitely have a good look

nottheOP Fri 03-Jul-15 22:29:40

This is pretty. Check out roman, the just last season website, phase eight. Debenhams has a good range too.

www.justlastseason.co.uk/cornelli-lace-prom-dress/060032788.html?dwvar_060032788_color=0027&cgid=JLS_Dresses

Monroe Sun 05-Jul-15 10:33:29

Thank you. Never seen that site before, some lovely dresses on there

burnishedsilver Sun 05-Jul-15 11:19:12

I wish I had a wedding coming up. I'm looking fur an excuse to buy this.

Monroe Sun 05-Jul-15 17:03:29

That's a lovely dress, just the kind of style I tend to suit as well. What kind of shoes, bag, accessories etc would you go for? Told you I'm rubbish at this smile

burnishedsilver Sun 05-Jul-15 17:34:48

Shoes, bag, simple ear rings and bracelet, no necklace.

Chottie Sun 05-Jul-15 20:10:55

burnished silver - that is a fab outfit for a wedding smile

alfieandanniesmum Mon 06-Jul-15 22:49:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now