Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention needed

(8 Posts)
vanillabeauty Thu 02-Jul-15 19:34:31

Hey, I am a long time lurker. As the title says, I need a bra intervention. My measurements are 27" under bust 31/32" over bust measured before and during period. Currently I have bras ranging from 32b 32c
30c and 30d. I have boobs that are fuller at the bottom, shallow with a wide base (making balcanette or any bras with a centre very uncomfortable). Please help, for years I thought that the front of my bra rising up was due to it being to big, this has left me with damage to my breast tissue, with a 'dent' in my breast tissue. grin

stripytees Thu 02-Jul-15 20:28:24

An expert will no doubt be along soon but those measurements put you at 28D or DD as a starting point to try.

vanillabeauty Thu 02-Jul-15 20:32:50

Thank you, I guess my question now is more where to get them? I have seen a 28 back in m and s, which go up to a c cup ��. And if online which style to choose smile

Are your breasts close set in the centre? If not, bottom heavy with and shallow would lend itself well to balconette generally - something like the Curvy Kate Tease me/Carmen, Freya Patsy, cleo Maddie. If you are close set it is trickier but the Bravissimo Satine is a plunge which is friendly to your breast shape, as are the Curvy Kate plunges. Cleo Neve might work too

vanillabeauty Sat 04-Jul-15 11:20:37

Thanks for your replies, my boobs are close set, as in I have only a finger gap between them. I have re-measured and my under bust measurement is actually 26! (I had a cold when I first measured so can only think that can increase the rib cage? I will look at 26" bras. Although getting very confused. I have a 30d from m&s, the cup is too big. The back I just measured as 25", is this because they add the 4"? Or is it just a mess up with sizing? Gosh why are bras so confusing x

stripytees Sat 04-Jul-15 13:32:16

Cup size is in relation to band size so a 26D has a much smaller cup volume than a 30D.

I recommend avoiding M&S actually because their sizing is very inconsistent. They do not do 26 bands in any case.

The unstretched band always measures less than the size states. Most bras these days are very stretchy, and stretch more permanently in use too.

Unfortunately there are no companies currently producing 26s - 28 is as small as it gets! So I'd start with a 28D and work from there. A 28D is roughly the same cup volume as a 30C and a 32B, just on a firmer band

SorrelForbes Sun 05-Jul-15 09:55:54

Bosom Galore have recently started producing 26 bands but they are on the pricey side! Apart from them, nada sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now