Talk

Advanced search

Can someone suggest some good hair products for remi hair extension please?

(6 Posts)
passthewineplz Thu 02-Jul-15 09:11:58

Hi, can someone recommend a good shampoo, conditioner and finishing product for remi hair extensions please as mine are looking a bit dry (I had them done a week a go)

I know you're suppose to use sulphate free shampoo, I've read baby shampoo or tigi bed head shampoo is good (not sure if they are) also I'm too sure on the type of conditioner to buy as I've read some people recommend just using coconut oil instead of conditioner, some recommend leave in conditioner and I don't want my own hair to get greasy so a bit dubious about oil.

Also greasy finishing products such as serums leave my own hair greasy, so I tend to use tigi after party to smooth it which doesn't leave it oily but I know the extensions need something to stop them drying out.

AngelWings74 Thu 02-Jul-15 12:18:07

You can pretty much use any shampoo and conditioner as long as it's sulphate free. You should try and only was them twice a week. You can buy a extension treatment which keeps them glossy. You spray it on to extensions before styling. Mine came with extensions. Do u have a hairdressing wholesalers near you? Anyone can go in. I found mine to be really helpful and knowledgeable. They sorted me out with right shampoo etc. when conditioning you should stick to mid lengths and ends only. When I was really hot I would shampoo top, fringe and crown and avoid extensions. How are you finding them?

AngelWings74 Thu 02-Jul-15 12:19:04

*wash them not was them!

passthewineplz Thu 02-Jul-15 14:11:48

Thanks angel I'm a bit lazy with hair washing usually lol! good old dry shampoo is my best friend wink they felt ok the night I had them done, but my scalp has done nothing but itch since Saturday, so I washed them and it felt better. But I washed my hair again last night as the itching was doing my head in, and luckily it's stopped now (touch wood).

But they're looking a bit dry now even though I only washed my scalp and the ends of the extensions are looking a bit dry.

Plus my own hair goes frizzy in hot weather so I need something to tame it. Unfortunately the wholesalers near me is trade only, and don't really fancy paying salon prices x

AngelWings74 Thu 02-Jul-15 14:36:41

I couldn't bear the itchiness. Took them out after two weeks! Look on Amazon. Google hair extension gloss spray. The first one priced £3.70 is one of the ones I used and found it helped. There's others on there too x

passthewineplz Thu 02-Jul-15 18:54:03

Ah that's a shame! sad I was thinking perhaps I've made a mistake having them done, but touch wood the itching has calmed down.

I've ended up buying some coconut organic stuff from boots, and some spray leave in oil. Google said it's good stuff and the oil has made them feel better already x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now