Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are there any bra gurus about? I need some help.

(81 Posts)
MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 13:08:37

I posted this on a bra thread in chat but no one answered so I thought I would see if there was anyone else who could help me. Or perhaps my tits are so bizarre they are beyond help!

I am 37 under and 41 around nipple leaning over. This should make me a 36d, which is what I wear. But none actually fit me. They are all baggy in the cup and cut across into the top of my boob. My boobs don't touch the inside of the bra at all and the wire is about an inch below the bottom of my boob.

I am broad shouldered, my boobs have a wide shallow shape from birds eye view and are conical from the sides. I have done a diagram.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions (other than surgery) I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.

Mimigolightly Wed 01-Jul-15 15:13:56

Go to somewhere like John Lewis or Bravissimo and get yourself properly measured. They will be able to recommend a bra to suit your boobs and you'll be able to try on a selection.

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 15:19:42

Sorry, i should have said, i already have been everywhere but no one can help. i spent almost £300 in rigby and peller on 3 bras which don't fit.

FinallyHere Wed 01-Jul-15 15:21:36

Id go back to R&P to find out what went wrong,

Ive never had anything but brilliant service from them. Id expected that they would want you to have great experience with them, too.

CraftyCrafterson Wed 01-Jul-15 15:23:13

Is it the shape of the bra (style) rather than the size?

CMOTDibbler Wed 01-Jul-15 15:25:02

You sound like me - try a half cup style

Mimigolightly Wed 01-Jul-15 15:26:01

Did the bras that you bought fit you in the store? It may be that you have to do some repositioning of your boob within the bra. I would definitely go back to R&P.

I definitely have to do this as my boobs come from under my arms as opposed to sitting on the front of my chest.

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 15:29:53

I'm certainly not knocking R&P. The service was excellent and they acknowledged the fit of the bras were not great, but said it was the best they could do (they could probably smell my desperation). Everywhere else has just said they can't find a bra which fits and to try somewhere else. sad

I'm too small for bravissimo. JL gave me a crop top. Debenhams had nothing. M&S made me cry. It's all been very upsetting.

Cs cut massively across my boobs and Ds fit across but are baggy inside.

CraftyCrafterson Wed 01-Jul-15 15:34:24

What about slightly padded d? There are some that are padded just at the bottom almost to fill the cup iykwim?

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 15:35:37

the pink one fit like this in the shop and the nude one not so bad/held a shape, but as the material has softens now the shape is caving in.

I do scoop and everything and the nude one still doesn't fit properly. but it was hard for the woman to see thru the thickness of the bra.

They are both 36d

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 15:36:51

I meant to say, the pink one is agony in the breast bone. It digs in and leaves bruises.

Mimigolightly Wed 01-Jul-15 15:39:45

You can see that the pink one is too small. Did you let R&P measure you?

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 15:46:09

Yes I had a proper booked fitting. They didn't measure with a tape tho, she did it with her hands. Brought me olds of bras and these were the best fit. The pink one is actually baggy in the cup, which you can't see in that pic.

Ladyface Wed 01-Jul-15 15:56:25

Am I correct in thinking that you are fuller at the bottom of the breast and the bras are gaping at the top? If so, I would try Triumph Amourette (with the padding) or the John Lewis Lauren lace bra.

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 15:58:37

You can see here that my boobs are quite close together and just see that in the cup is hollow.

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 16:02:34

No, the opposite, I am fuller at the top so all bras cut in across the boob but the bottom of my boobs don't touch the inside of the bra. Not sure if you can see from the diagram in the OP?

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 16:12:32

I used to wear a style similar to this years ago but in a 38awith an extender in the back! (When I thought I was a 40a - thanks m&s hmm ). I may see if I can try this in a 36c/d

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 16:17:07

Drat, they only do dd. but I think something along that shape would be best, maybe? <clueless>

Mimigolightly Wed 01-Jul-15 17:00:16

Have you tried a plunge style bra? It wouldn't cut across the top of your boobs at least.

SorrelForbes Wed 01-Jul-15 17:01:59

Have you tried any half cup styles? Moulded full cups/t-shirt bras just aren't going to work.

Ladyface Wed 01-Jul-15 17:37:12

Ah I seem it was the fitting of the moulded cup that made me think that. Where abouts are you? Perhaps someone can recommend a good shop locally for you to try?

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 17:48:05

I've got a low wide balcony/half cup/push up padded style in 36d from l'agent at JL. But it is completely baggy on me now - all over, even across the boobs. I have lost some volume since buying it.

I can escape for an hour or 2 early sat morning to shop. Nearest place is tunbridge wells, but I've never been there, as I haven't lived here long. I think there is a dept store tho. I'll have a google.

Mimigolightly Wed 01-Jul-15 18:49:16

If you drive I would recommend going to Bluewater - there's a huge John Lewis and a House of Fraser.
Have you thought about buying those little chicken fillet things to increase the volume in the bottom of the cups?

MrsKoala Wed 01-Jul-15 18:50:06

If I order some online should I order a 36c and d?

Mimigolightly Wed 01-Jul-15 18:53:59

Where is the real problem - in the band size or the cup? Maybe try a 36 and a 38 in both a C & D cups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now