Talk

Advanced search

Foundation in the heatwave

(15 Posts)
pussinboots61 Tue 30-Jun-15 22:59:09

Is anyone using foundation in this heatwave or an alternative or nothing?

Carpaccio Tue 30-Jun-15 23:07:45

I use a sheer foundation or tinted moisturiser/BB/CC cream. Generally I prefer lighter coverage bases (and concealer on bad bits) and I do think they are lower maintenance in hot weather than the medium/full coverage products.

yazzy85 Tue 30-Jun-15 23:38:07

bb cream or bare minerals matte powder

Cheesymonster Wed 01-Jul-15 07:11:07

I use Boots Botanics BB cream. I couldn't get away with nothing at all. It's SPF30 too.

Bunbaker Wed 01-Jul-15 07:27:47

I tend to just use fake tan and a bit of blusher. I really can't bear the thought of gunk on my face in this weather. I wear sunscreen if I am going to be outside for any length of time.

MaryMarigold Wed 01-Jul-15 08:44:58

I have been using Garnier BB Blur for a while now and it has been particularly good in the heat. Doesn't feel like you have anything on your face but evens out your skin tone and adds just a teeny hint of healthy colour (not in an orange way!). It also has SPF.

goodnessgraciousgouda Wed 01-Jul-15 09:37:46

Sun cream and concealer wherever needed. You could try a bit of loose powder if you need it as well.

Even bb cream ends up sliding off my face in this heat.

Also: Sun screen? Are we American now?

Mimigolightly Wed 01-Jul-15 10:03:18

I use Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue which is a really light, cream-gel formula with Smashbox 24hr concealer on blemishes. No powder and a creme blush.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 01-Jul-15 13:26:26

I use Lily Lolo, fab stuff, even when you trowel it on it still looks fresh and natural. 30 degrees here and it's not shifted even though I've shopped, walked and generally rushed around all morning.

MsBojangles Wed 01-Jul-15 20:40:23

Tinted LRP SPF50 fluid, they do a cream version but it's a bit too heavy and claggy in this weather.

Mimigolightly Wed 01-Jul-15 21:30:13

Can I ask what the difference is between the Lily Lolo mineral foundation and the Bare Minerals one?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 01-Jul-15 22:36:28

Mimi - I used BM for years and while it was good it was always cakey and irritated my skin when I got hot, colour wasn't ever quite right either even though I was matched 3 x.

LL last forever, cheaper and much better coverage and more natural looking. You need to play around with it and try different brushes to see what works best for you. I use a Real Techniques dome brush which works well. The sample pots are great as there are so many shades you can play around and get exactly the right shade- I mix two together. If you email them and tell them what shade works well for you in other brands they will suggest shades which will work. Their service is excellent.

Oh and I don't have to use concealer either even though I have rosacea as it covers so well.

43cupsoftea Wed 01-Jul-15 22:40:52

Using Clarins BB cream. Stays put.

Mimigolightly Thu 02-Jul-15 08:54:41

Thanks Dame - that's really helpful. I love the effect that BM gives if I'm going out somewhere special and need a flawless look but it irritates my skin and gives me spots. I use the very lightest colour in BM so will order some LL samples.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 02-Jul-15 10:29:20

It's not as thick/heavy as BM so if you want what ire coverage you need to keep adding layers, but it never goes cakey. Works really well with a primer first. As I said, you need to play around with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now