Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone with dark brown hair tried the new L'Oreal Brond hair dye

(9 Posts)
ihatethecold Tue 30-Jun-15 19:26:44

I have very dark brown hair that's starting to get long grey strands through it.
I saw this advertised on TV and wonder if it would be any good?
Has anyone tried it?

WhyIRayLiotta Tue 30-Jun-15 19:42:50

No, but I'm watching with interest as it's exactly the look I want. However when I went to the hairdresser (with pictures!) I ended up with ginger stripes a la Atomic Kitten 2002 hmm

ihatethecold Tue 30-Jun-15 20:00:37

Ooh dear. Bet you were pleased?

Luckytohavemybaby Tue 30-Jun-15 20:15:59

L'Oreal is bringing out a version for mid brown and dark brown hair. I asked because I have mid brown hair - and there were lots of complaints from people who said their hair had gone ginger. The 'darkest' bronde kit is for light brown hair - JLo, who advertises it, has darker hair?

CainInThePunting Tue 30-Jun-15 20:20:21

No but fancy trying it when my current dye has grown out a bit. Although, I hate the brassy blonde look mine seems to get, I recently bought some of the touch of silver to see if that toned it down a bit. 2 washes in and I can't see an obvious difference...

Oswin Tue 30-Jun-15 20:24:12

I did it for my sister, I offered to do some subtle highlights for a similar effect but she insisted. Her hair went orange. The whole lot. It does not give the subtle highlight look.

ihatethecold Tue 30-Jun-15 20:42:47

Jesus! orange!!!

CainInThePunting Tue 30-Jun-15 20:53:28

Okay...strike that!

ihatethecold Tue 30-Jun-15 22:15:26

I've never gone off an idea so quickly in my life. shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now