Talk

Advanced search

A difficult dress finding challenge if you don't mind helping me!

(19 Posts)
GoofyIsACow Tue 30-Jun-15 14:46:16

Please!

Today I passed a lady in a gorgeous dress, by the time i had decided it was a good idea to ask her where it was from I couldn't see her anymore!

It was knee length ish, navy top and the skirt, which was from above the waistline was big vertical green/white/navy chevron type pattern. It appeared to be possibly jersey type material as it had a lovely swish.

She looked cool and very stylish and I wish I had stopped her to ask!

Does it ring a bell with anyone?
Thanks everyone, i know it is a long shot but I have also seen the sleuths of MN S&B at work before! wink

GoofyIsACow Tue 30-Jun-15 14:49:40

Also it had short little sleeves

SaveOurBogBrushes Tue 30-Jun-15 14:55:25

www.brandalley.co.uk/private-sales/great-plains.html not this?

SaveOurBogBrushes Tue 30-Jun-15 14:55:54

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWhS62sj6MKtJqsi9zIEw8k79VuXcst-c0IBXDZLVCHA88tW9b1nE09g

everythingsgoingsouth Tue 30-Jun-15 16:59:37

www.brandalley.co.uk/1377793.html

GoofyIsACow Tue 30-Jun-15 17:33:24

Oh my god! That is it! SaveOurBogBrushes you are an absolute genius!

Plus that is a bloody bargain!

thanks star thanks star

GoofyIsACow Tue 30-Jun-15 17:39:23

Plus, i don't think I would have looked twice at it on the pictures if i hadn't seen the lady wearing it today, it isn't my usual style at all! I hope it fits ok!

milkysmum Tue 30-Jun-15 17:43:02

Ooh I think I'm going to order it too now at that price!smile

SaveOurBogBrushes Tue 30-Jun-15 17:50:04

Haha no probs, I rather like it as well actually. Was mentally willing you to come back to the post as thought it'd sell out at that price;)

rightsaidthread Tue 30-Jun-15 18:28:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BrucieTheShark Tue 30-Jun-15 18:39:36

They also have it with red instead of green - a few more sizes available.

BrucieTheShark Tue 30-Jun-15 18:41:08

And yes, BrandAlley is v v slow. One year I ordered something for a xmas present in October and didn't get it until January. That was rubbish.

GoofyIsACow Tue 30-Jun-15 18:47:42

Oh no! I didnt see that dispatch date! shock

I have ordered it, i fear i wont look as stylish as the lady I saw today in it, as she was lively and petite and I am a 5'9 grt big thing! grin

GoofyIsACow Tue 30-Jun-15 18:48:13

Lovely and petite obviously... She may have been lively however!

SaveOurBogBrushes Sun 26-Jul-15 08:47:58

Just got mine yesterday, had totally forgotten about it and am really happy! It's got a bit too much extra material on the hips and I prefer a lower neckline but the chevron striping is really clever! Hope you liked yours as well OPsmile

GoofyIsACow Mon 27-Jul-15 16:08:13

I just spent ages trying to find the thread to say mine arrived today, i didn't see your message Save.
Yes, mine fits well, i am not overly keen on the round neck but i think with the right jewellery it might be ok. I think the waist is slightly higher than i would normally go for.
I think I will keep it though as I reckon I can make it work!
Thanks again for finding it! smile

SaveOurBogBrushes Mon 27-Jul-15 17:40:43

No worries it benefitted me as well;), yeah I wasn't so sure about the neck either actually so let me know what jewellery you usesmile

rightsaidthread Wed 05-Aug-15 18:22:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GoofyIsACow Wed 05-Aug-15 19:58:54

Oh no rightsaid, I hope it arrives soon, do let us know what you think when it arrives

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now