Talk

Advanced search

Effaclar Duo is brilliant

(15 Posts)
Aquamarine70 Tue 30-Jun-15 13:40:16

I had read about it in here so thought I'd give it a try. I have been getting some spots on my jawline and neck so too large an area for individual spot on treatment. I have sensitive skin so I can't use really strong acne products. I used it last night and saw a difference overnight on my skin. I had no reaction at all & it felt gentle on my skin. I'm really impressed.

DrankSangriaInThePark Tue 30-Jun-15 13:42:33

Isn't it? smile

I got some after reading about it on here, for dd who is only 11 but was mortified by her spots. I also noticed a difference almost overnight, and now, 2 months or so in, she still uses it every night, but really doesn't need to.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 30-Jun-15 13:43:59

I don't get on with it but I do like the effaclar AI (the little tube of spot cream stuff).

Aquamarine70 Tue 30-Jun-15 13:53:49

I can't get the spot treatment here in Australia but they sell most of the range. I'd say it would be good for young teens as its not too harsh on the skin. I felt a mild tingling & cooling feeling after applying so it feels like it's working on the skin immediately.

LindyHemming Tue 30-Jun-15 17:32:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mimigolightly Tue 30-Jun-15 18:55:17

I second what the OP says - it is fantastic stuff that does wonders for my cystic acne.

Saurus72 Tue 30-Jun-15 20:16:18

It's been life-changing for me, I cant recommend it highly enough.

Kundry Tue 30-Jun-15 20:58:09

It's great isn't it! Only prob was tube is small and I used it up quickly. Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion is v similar and came in a massive bottle.

UrsulaBrangwen Tue 30-Jun-15 21:01:13

I've ordered some of this - really hope it works for me!

DrankSangriaInThePark Tue 30-Jun-15 21:01:22

Only thing I don't like is it smells like gorgonzola rind. grin I put it on dd's face for her, hold my breath and then run and wash my fingers.

Asleeponasunbeam Tue 30-Jun-15 21:07:39

It's been amazing on my cystic acne. Instant results, although about a month of spots about four weeks in. Since then, about 2 months of great skin. I love it.

yazzy85 Tue 30-Jun-15 21:07:40

I use it whenever my skin is congested, clears it up really well. The texture is nice and lightweight too.

Totallyaddictedtoshoes Tue 30-Jun-15 21:09:54

I really really wanted to love this and had high hopes after such great reviews. Unfortunately it does bugger all for me! It doesn't make anything worse, it's just I might as well not be using it!ice started double cleansing and was already acid toning. I also use liquid gold and have found this to be massively more effective than effaclar.

Coastingit Tue 30-Jun-15 21:53:34

Kundry I have the PC BHA lotion on order - sample size. How do you use it? Night time on its own, or followed by a moisturiser?

Kundry Wed 01-Jul-15 07:21:08

I used it twice a day after cleansing. In the mornings I then used SPF and not moisturiser, in the evenings I often found it moisturising enough not to need additional moisturiser. With Effaclar Duo definitely didn't need moisturiser too.

I'd meant to buy the gel which I suspect I'd prefer but clicked the wrong product. Currently using Clinique Mild Exfoliating Lotion - it's not nearly as good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now