Face powder recommendation

(15 Posts)
OrangeSunset Tue 30-Jun-15 12:41:20

I'm currently using a Bobbi Brown pressed powder, but I don't like it at all. I use it over the top of a tinted moisturiser, but it's very powdery (!) and on my nose looks cakey as soon as applied. It also doesn't really 'stick' very well, so a little time after wearing sunglasses, all the make-up has come off the sides of my nose where the glasses sit.

I used to use Clinique loose powder, which as a product worked well but I was hoping for a pressed product so I can take it out and about.

I usually wear it over tinted moisturiser on T zone. Looking for something with sheer coverage, and my skin is pretty oily by the end of the day.

Any recommendations?
Thank you!

Carpaccio Tue 30-Jun-15 13:12:35

I really like Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and Mac Select Sheer pressed powder. The Select Sheer comes with a powder puff, but I prefer using a brush as I am not a fan of a very powdery look...

OrangeSunset Tue 30-Jun-15 13:14:05

Thanks. Is the Mineralize one just a powder, or is it a mineral foundation too?

I'm keen for a natural, sheer look...just minus the shine and redness! Will take a look, thanks

NomiMalone Tue 30-Jun-15 13:16:24

This

The best setting powder I've ever used.

Ridingthegravytrain Tue 30-Jun-15 14:26:16

I use cornsilk (loose original satin) which is fab. Also smashbox loose translucent powder is great but pricey

rightsaidthread Tue 30-Jun-15 14:28:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rightsaidthread Tue 30-Jun-15 14:28:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carpaccio Tue 30-Jun-15 17:19:03

Mineralize is just a powder with some minerals in - it isn't a mineral powder like the mineral foundations a lot of people use.
It doesn't give a lot of coverage, but it makes my oily skin look good for most of the day.

You can read more about it here: www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/159/30734/Products/Face/Powder/Mineralize-Skinfinish-Natural/index.tmpl

Mimigolightly Tue 30-Jun-15 18:57:24

You could try Bare Minerals's Mineral Veil. It's very light and is good over tinted moisturiser.

FrugalFashionista Tue 30-Jun-15 19:02:03

Innisfree No-Sebum mineral powder compact from Amazon. I am a Lily Lolo mineral foundation fan (similar issues with it making a chalky mess) and have MUFE HD, Guerlain etc etc but Innisfree is really the best for my shiny nose.

OrangeSunset Tue 30-Jun-15 20:20:43

Thanks, I've got the Mineral Veil but find it leaves me looking a little like a ghost. Like the sound of the NARS one and have a Space NK voucher, so will give than a try. Thank you

PontypineNumber9 Tue 30-Jun-15 20:26:29

I have used Mac Select Sheer for years - it's about the only thing in my makeup bag that I repeat buy. It lasts for ages and I honestly would never use anything else now.

Orangedandelion Tue 30-Jun-15 20:59:55

I've always used boots no7 translucent compact powder however I'd like to try the bare minerals powder at some point or corn silk.

ScrambledEggAndToast Tue 30-Jun-15 21:03:38

This is the thread for me as I have been wanting recommendations for a powder. I currently use a pressed body shop one which is OK but now really like the look of that Nars one. Tbh, I think I just like Buying Things. Doesn't matter what it is grin Will put this on the list.

Stroopwaffel Tue 30-Jun-15 21:44:33

I recently gave up powder after being a lifelong user.... Inspired by a thread on MN. Switched to a mattifying primer - currently using one called 'velvet skin coat' which is ok but looking for a better one.

My skin is a lot better though! I was scared of the shiniess but no need, seem less shiny overall now.

I use blotting paper if needed..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now