Talk

Advanced search

Brogues: Granny Chic or just...Granny?

(7 Posts)
absolutelynotfabulous Tue 30-Jun-15 11:40:42

I love my (slightly flatform) brogues. I normally wear them with jeggings and an oversized shirt but feel I should branch out a bit.

What can I wear with them for a bit of a change? I'm older (55). I don't want to look like I'm wearing orthopaedic shoes iyswim.

Any ideas o wise stylish ones?

knackeredknitter Tue 30-Jun-15 12:53:36

I'm not stylish, but I've been wearing my brogues with a dress and rolled up (to show just a bit of ankle) chinos. I'm 48. Mine aren't even flatform, just ones like these www.hudsonshoes.com/daisy-tan-brogue.html

SarahWithAFringeOnTop Mon 06-Jul-15 15:30:20

I would also like some ideas! I am only slightly younger than the OP and bought a black patent pair on impulse in the sale. Very comfortable but what do I wear them with?

Floisme Mon 06-Jul-15 15:41:28

I think you're underselling your style credentials if you know what flatform is - I had to google it grin

Anyway for what it's worth, I'm older than you and I'm wearing brogues with a tube skirt at the moment.

SunnyBaudelaire Mon 06-Jul-15 15:43:53

brogues with leggings and shirt?
don't you look like Max Wall?

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 06-Jul-15 16:40:33

I live in brogues - I like them with dresses and opaque tights, skinny and boyfriend jeans rolled up to just at the ankle.

SarahWithAFringeOnTop Mon 06-Jul-15 17:00:10

What sort of dresses judy - I mean, what skirt shape/length?

Also, can I wear black patent with denim?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now