Talk

Advanced search

Eye crinkles .....help

(13 Posts)
Turquoiseblue Tue 30-Jun-15 06:49:49

Just that really. Help!
Probably not helped we ve just spent two glorious weeks in the Italian sunshine (gringrin) though I m never without my sunnies really, but fine lines, crows feet, WRINKLES - around my eyes seem suddenly ever presenthmm.
Anyone any miraculous creams / ideas ? Do I need to use heavier duty eye cream? Eye mask ?

My skin care routine is as follows (fairly simple tbh) - cleanse with oil, then cream/ wash, eye cream (think I need a better one - have been using origins one most recently) and night cream, or eye cream plus primer/ face cream plus tinted moisturiser -(spf 20). Generally my skin is clear good condition (apart from the odd pms / stress breakout) but the seemingly sudden onslaught of lines is really getting to me. It s vanity but I feel I ve aged overnight hmm

Currently pregnant so I fear with the next while of sleeplessness and weight gain / loss it s only going to get worse. And probably not helping that I feel huge, cut my hair shorter and regret it, clothes don't fit (obv) and now my flipping wrinkles are obvious.
The hair and clothes i tell myself are temporary, but I fear the fine lines are a road with no about turn unless I do some thing quick!
Help.....

FrugalFashionista Tue 30-Jun-15 07:03:15

Much higher spf and something that contains hyaluronic acid. In sunny countries, avoid the hot midday sun.

Turquoiseblue Tue 30-Jun-15 07:17:29

Sorry should have said - I do use SPF 50 on face when away and during summer at home ......

Melonfool Tue 30-Jun-15 10:32:53

Are you getting enough sleep? My 'wrinkles' are far worse when I don't sleep well. And I don't sleep well generally at the moment.

Tizwailor Tue 30-Jun-15 12:57:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DrankSangriaInThePark Tue 30-Jun-15 13:46:07

I have yet to find an eye cream that does anything. I have about 10 ranging in price from Superdrug at £1.25 (when 50%) to Elemis Pro-collagen at about £30. No difference.

but I am getting some of that ^ Hylamide when in the UK next week, (and am ridiculously excited!)

lurkingaround Tue 30-Jun-15 14:07:34

I'm with DrankSangria, eye cream pah!
SPF50. Every day.
Maybe Redermic by LRP might help - it has Retinol. Big maybe if you ask me.

Botox is the only thing really. And good blurry/light reflective makeup.

MegMurry Tue 30-Jun-15 14:10:16

I've just had Botox on my crow's feet. It really eliminates them.

Turquoiseblue Tue 30-Jun-15 14:27:32

Thanks
Ok need to heck up hyuralanic acid - was a bit wary of it as I thought it might increase skin sensitivity to sunlight etc.

Trouble with f50 every day is I feel 'slimy' when it s on my face. I hate the heaviness of it on my skin. Plus I hate the way if you wear it into evenings it ruins any photos with the ghost face lookhmm.

Anyone recommend a nice facial f50 that doesn't feel like an oil slick on my face?
Yes am thinking Botox - haven't tried t before but my sister can do it, so suppose should give it a go. I hate the idea of injections ....

Tizwailor Tue 30-Jun-15 15:01:12

Tizwailor Tue 30-Jun-15 15:02:40

DrankSangriaInThePark Tue 30-Jun-15 20:22:38

I am definitely giving it a go Tiz!

Tizwailor Wed 01-Jul-15 07:44:20

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now