Talk

Advanced search

Gourmand perfume

(13 Posts)
Waywarddaughter Mon 29-Jun-15 22:54:40

When I was at school I wore vanilla oil from the body shop and in my teens/twenties I wore Angel...... I stopped wearing perfume when I was pregnant but now my children are toddlers and I want to reclaim a scent. I have a weak sense of smell and anything other than a foodie fragrance feels 'wrong'.
What would I like? I'm after something a tad more subtle I think.....

Waywarddaughter Tue 30-Jun-15 12:04:48

Anyone??

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 30-Jun-15 12:07:35

I really like the Shay and Blue Salted Caramel, although it's probably a bit too much while it's warm weather - I wore it a lot in autumn/winter and loved it. I think on Serge Lutens Je de Peau as being similar too, but I'm personally not that keen on it.

Waywarddaughter Tue 30-Jun-15 12:40:14

Ooh I shall look those up, thank you. Are there any others I could have sniff at in the big stores too?

FrugalFashionista Tue 30-Jun-15 12:59:51

Vanille & Narcisse from L'Occitane and Prada Candy are worth a try.

Schoolaroundthecorner Tue 30-Jun-15 13:05:54

DVF Love Diane perfume has praline and liquorice notes, although I get more of the first than the second. Very almond cookie ish to me. Yummy.

jasmine1979 Tue 30-Jun-15 15:08:27

Hypnotic poison by Christian Dior is very gourmand. Nowhere near as strong as the original posion so don't let the name put you off.
Cheaper ones are Katy Perry- Killer Queen. (not a fan of her myself but the perfume is lovely) and Avon - Aromadisiac although I think this might only be available on ebay nowadays.

yazzy85 Tue 30-Jun-15 15:10:48

Vera Wang Princess, La Vie est Belle, Britney Spears Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy are cheaper ones

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 30-Jun-15 16:27:40

Shay and Blue are in most big M&S shops, so not too hard to get hold of.

Waywarddaughter Tue 30-Jun-15 16:30:10

Thank you, it seems like a very difficult 'style' of perfume to get right, foodie, comforting and warm vs a bag of pick and mix - I appreciate your good judgement!

FrugalFashionista Tue 30-Jun-15 16:42:54

Niche perfume houses do some of the best gourmands out there, they are a bit more grown-up generally. This is a great sampler. I'd also nominate New Haarlem from Bond No 9.

MissBattleaxe Tue 30-Jun-15 17:57:45

Lancome La Vie est Belle is easy to find on the High Street and is much beloved by gourmand fans, having praline and caramel notes.

YY to Hypnotic Poison. It's nothing like original Poison and smells wonderfully vanilla-ey and rich.

Me by Lanvin smells like blueberries.

Lolita Lempicka original, smells of cherries, liquorice or the new one, Sweet, which smells like cherry cola.

Or you might like to try some of the Library fragrances in Boots, they are single notes and include things like Marshmallow, Gingerbread, Coconut, Cherry Blossom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now