Talk

Advanced search

Help me start a skin care regime

(3 Posts)
Ekkwhine Mon 29-Jun-15 22:46:31

As I've just turned 30 and never had one!

I usually use whatever face wash is on offer, and that's it, also very occasionally use a moisturiser (cheapy) if I remember, 1-2 times a week tops.

I get occasional spots on my chin, slightly dry skin on my nose and cheeks, visible pores on my nose but my skin is really uneven colour wise, I'd love to go without foundation but I always look pale/blotchy and have dark circles under my eyes.

So, any suggestions that don't break the bank? I have dark skin but pale skin and freckles if that makes a difference? I know nothing about this stuff!

BeautifulBatman Tue 30-Jun-15 09:53:05

Caroline Hirons has a video on her YouTube channel about budget skincare. Some really good recommendations there. Have a look.

NathalieM Tue 30-Jun-15 11:34:13

Like BeautfulBatman says, YouTube is definitely a good place to start as it's flush with tips, guides, and tricks for skincare to suit all kinds of skin-types. There's also plenty of budget guides; I remember seeing a student skincare guide which showed how to maintain a skincare regiment without breaking the bank, I'll see if I can find it again.

There's also plenty of blogs which offer tips on affordable skincare routines, such as my personal favorite a model recommends which is well worth a read;
www.amodelrecommends.com/2015/01/31/the-affordable-skin-care-routine/

If you're looking for tips on creating a suitable routine, I would always recommend Temple Spa; the products are slightly pricier but the anti ageing guide is really helpful for women wanting to start a fresh routine;
www.templespa.com/skincare-problem-solution/anti-ageing-guide

Hope I could help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now