Talk

Advanced search

Tell me how to get rid of acne of my chest! Please!

(7 Posts)
PinkPearlClutcher Mon 29-Jun-15 22:36:40

I've always had bad skin, but feel I manage it pretty well.

What's new is a bout of acne on my chest...right in time for summer! It's hideous, all spotty and white heads on my chest. How can I get rid of this and why has it come up all of a sudden? Any tips?

ShipShapeAhoy Mon 29-Jun-15 22:43:55

Have you tried benzoyl peroxide cream? You can buy OTC in a chemist and it clears up mild- moderate acne quite quickly. It does dry your skin though so moisturise and definitely use spf if the area will be exposed to the Sun.

As for why youve got it. It could be hormonal or it could be linked to change in shampoo/shower gem/lotion/detergent. Or maybe just reaction to the hot weather. Or have you recently started to travel on the tube? That always gives me spots.

Wagglebee Mon 29-Jun-15 23:57:33

Try washing with hibi-scrub. It's a surgical wash but is prescribed in the US, and occasionally on the nhs, for acne.

I found it very effective the cystic acne I had on my chin and jaw. You can buy it over the counter for about £10 at Boots.

Hope you find something that works for you.

RawCoconutMacaroon Tue 30-Jun-15 00:05:47

Have you tried a gluten/grain free diet? Try it for a month, it will either help or it won't smile It worked wonders for my skin.

Tweezertastic Tue 30-Jun-15 09:34:45

You can get a witch hazel back spray at Boots (their own range). It may work

Nettletheelf Tue 30-Jun-15 15:01:27

Controversial, I realise, but I got this in my early 30s and found that getting a bit of sun on it helped a lot.

CaurnieBred Tue 30-Jun-15 15:15:13

Cleanse your chest area the same way you do your face. Make sure you wash your body after you have shampooed and conditioned - ie, don't wash hair, apply conditioner, wash body whilst conditioner is on hair and then rinse off conditioner. Doing it this way leaves a whole load of product on your skin that can clog the pores. As soon as I started washing my body after finishing washing and conditioning my hair, the acne on my chest got so much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now